• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picked up one of my favorite bronze Batman covers on Heritage tonight

9 posts in this topic

IT'S MINE ALL MINE :banana:

This is one of my favorite Batman covers of the bronze era. Classic Marshall Rogers.

This was the 4th issue of TEC I read as a kid. :cloud9:

Picked it up on Heritage. Set me back $310 with BP which was basically my max bid.

Still it's the only copy on the census, and the first modern Hugo Strange, so I'm glad to have it.

tec471ef0.jpg

:applause:

Great book! Bought #470 off the stands. It wasn't until the next issue that I realized what a great thing Englehart & Rogers/Austin had going... but #470 was where it all started.

Congrats on the pickup! (thumbs u

There were some amazing Detective issues tonight. I went after (and won) Detective 475 with the famous Joker double fish-gun cover by Marshall Rogers and Terry Austin.

det475.jpg

Another great cover, and I'm gonna get that one too one day. But it's 9.8 or nothing for me on post 1975 Batmans. That's sorta my collecting mission.

Great book! Bought #470 off the stands. It wasn't until the next issue that I realized what a great thing Englehart & Rogers/Austin had going... but #470 was where it all started.

(thumbs u

Wasn't #470 Simonson art as I recall? With Englehart writing?

Rogers did the art on 466-468 on the Batman backup stories I think.

(thumbs u

Wasn't #470 Simonson art as I recall? With Englehart writing?

Rogers did the art on 466-468 on the Batman backup stories I think.

Yes, you're right... I was off by 1. doh!