• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama ASM comic $60 bucks a piece

378 posts in this topic

Say this owner was able to get more in stock. I go back and buy every single one. Then he find's out that I am selling them for $75 a pop. That's when he would get upset. Something along the lines of.. You knew these book's are selling for $75 and you didn't let me know!!

Get out of my store, Right Now!!!!! At least now he knows what there selling for.

I know I'm not going to change your views and you're likely not going to change any of ours. That's perfectly fine. There are a few things that I take issue with in your last post, but I found the above quote to be most interesting.

If I read your story right the first time, you went to the corner store, bought all the issues of the comic, took them out to your truck, and went back in to buy some snacks at which point you told him how much they comics are going for right now. Essentially what happened was (using as many of your words as possible): You "buy every single one" and then the clerk "finds out that you are selling them for $75 a pop". You say "that's when he would get upset."

In short, you DID buy every single copy without letting him know what they're worth right now. Why is it fine the first time and upsetting the second time? Sounds like a double standard to me.

Again, I don't mean this as a personal attack. If anything, this raises a sort of ethical debate that could happen quite frequently in our hobby. In fact I read a thread about this recently. Something to the effect of: "If you saw an Amazing Fantasy 15 in a local store under-priced (by market standards) for $500 and you had the cash on hand, would you buy it or tell the clerk?"

The answers were pretty divided. Many rationalized it by saying the clerk got the price he was asking for it. Others rationalized it by saying they would sell it and give the clerk a portion of the sale. The smallest percentage said they would tell the clerk that he could get more for it. Any thoughts?

-Adam

There was a post about a similar conversation a while back. In that post I stated that I had no problem with people coming in and buying something and then proceeding to resell it somewhere for some higher amount. The problem is when you come in, buy the item and then walk out...but before you make it outside you turn around and say "oh by the way, these are selling for $50 on ebay" in the smartA$$ tone.

Guess what, you never have to worry about coming into my store again, you are obviously much smarter than me so go start your own.

If I had been rude. I can see the point trying to be made here. But I was not being at all rude. I didn't flaunt the book's like a raving lunatic. I went into the store the second time after we bought the book's. I didn't want them to get damaged somehow. That's why I went out to the truck, then back into the store. This store owner didn't seem to care one little bit. He was there running his store. I doubt he would list the book's on Ebay or anywhere else for that matter.

I'll go ask him the next time I am in that area. I'll find out what he thought....

got my copy ,read it,was disapointed by all of the hype and sensationalism..

people everywhere are being ripped off trying to get a copy of this crummy book...

p.s not to be rude at all..

but your spidey avatar looks like he's having a GREAT time with Sue Richards!! lol

:jokealert:

priker

It would be awesome if The Onion started a new hype mobile on this book...

"Obama is a huge Kiss fan too and when he found out that

marvel was doing an ASM book with him in it he decided to

go on down to printers and drop off a vial of his blood to be mixed

with the reds in 583.

If you don't believe me, look for his new entrance music to be unveiled

before his next conference to the tune of God of Thunder."

I could see that...

:grin:

....the spell you're under...

That would be so cool if Obama had entrance music, wouldn't it...

(thumbs u

He does...

Is it good, or is it the same old presidential march theme?

hm

Is that about the comic, or are you making political posts? hm

(thumbs u

He does...

hm

Well, since legally he's the only one in the world who can be announced to it...

(thumbs u

He does...

hm

Is that about the comic, or are you making political posts? hm

:o why, the insanity over the comic... (tsk)