• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama CGC SS

22 posts in this topic

Okay, So I am thinking on this new obama book to get-

Joe Q, Stan Lee, and Obama

That could be one of the hottest SS Moderns ever!

What do people think.....is this sig harder to get than Ditko?

I am also still on the hunt for a Colbert signature on that other spiderman cover.

NOTE- This is not an official signing, just something I thought was worth discussing. :)

What if you got biden to sign this book......worth anything?

If you could get an Obama signing for charity or something....count me in! (thumbs u

I have been lucky enough to meet a President before and this would be a near impossible task to get done.

Getting near the President of the United States is very difficult and the odds of him stopping and signing are close to nill.

I met President Bush (the outgoing President) at a military base where I was invited to see him give a speech. I had a student in a wheelchair (my whole class was invited) and they moved her to the front. I was asked to come with to make sure she was okay. We both went through Secret Service tents and were rushed up front. We joked about asking for an autograph.

Lo and behold he walked by and was shaking hands on his way out and I remember saying "Mr. President, we have a student here who would like an autograph?" He stopped, smiled and said sure! He signed a behavior slip (on the back) that I had with me and then asked my name. The student looked at him and gave him a teenager 'duh' look and said..."That's Mr. J!"

He said, "Well, Mr. J, nice to meet you, and grabbed the pad and signed it to Mr. J"

Pretty cool regardless of political thoughts...

Best of luck and I hope it happens for you!

I have been lucky enough to meet a President before and this would be a near impossible task to get done.

Getting near the President of the United States is very difficult and the odds of him stopping and signing are close to nill.

I met President Bush (the outgoing President) at a military base where I was invited to see him give a speech. I had a student in a wheelchair (my whole class was invited) and they moved her to the front. I was asked to come with to make sure she was okay. We both went through Secret Service tents and were rushed up front. We joked about asking for an autograph.

Lo and behold he walked by and was shaking hands on his way out and I remember saying "Mr. President, we have a student here who would like an autograph?" He stopped, smiled and said sure! He signed a behavior slip (on the back) that I had with me and then asked my name. The student looked at him and gave him a teenager 'duh' look and said..."That's Mr. J!"

He said, "Well, Mr. J, nice to meet you, and grabbed the pad and signed it to Mr. J"

that is an awesome story + sig!

my plan is to hold a few copies at the TV studio I work at. We have secret service guys here all the time for the different politicians that stop bye. You never know who is going to be around!

I respect this forum and know the rules so I wont say anything about the assh..I mean person you met! :makepoint:

But cool story otherwise! (thumbs u

Very cool story regardless.

Ok, here is my thought. Maybe your best bet to get a signature would be after his term. Bill Clinton get $200,000 to make a speech for like 2 hours. Pay Obama his fee, have him sign as many books as you can. Charge like $5-10 grand a piece and VOILA, you got a SS book. Just a thought.

Jeff

I once shook Bill Clinton's hand. He went to one of the famous steak places (not sure if it was Pats or Genos) in south Philadelphia. Me, living only half a block away I went out to see the commotion. During this time he was shaking hands from people in the crowd and I just happened to be right there. If Obama comes around, I'll let you guys know lol

I also think our best chance was before he takes office. Now that he's in DC and got his whole staff gearing up for Inauguration, I doubt it will happen. Unless we could work out something where all the proceeds go to charity and it was a large enough number to justify his time.

How much would people pay for an Obama CGC SS Amazing Spidey #583 1st print, you think?

Joel

Security would be way to high..

To even sniff the same room as the President for an extended period of time everyone present would be subject to huge security checks by the secret service etc..

Let alone be a big enough V.I.P to get close enough to shake his hand or get is autograph.

Outside of "Make a Wish" etc.. not sure anyone here has the resources to do this now.

May have to wait until he is on the campaign trail for his re-election.

It'd be lovely to see a CGC/marvel sponsored thing, something like -obama + lee sign 10 obama spidey books, they get cgc'd SS and they're put to auction all proceeds head to charity,

i'd be willing to bet that'd be some pretty crazy bidding wars....

A friend of mine is with the Secret Service and I asked him today if this was possible. His answer was that it was possible but not plausible. Not likely to get done unless it is for a Big Time charity thing.

In my opinion, it is plausible to get one signed by Obama, if you happen to have one somewhere he is out and about, shaking hands. But to get one done in front of a CGC Witness isn't likely at all.

I (my family) have received a signed Christmas card (not sure about the authenticity of the signature though) from President George W. and his wife for the past eight years. This was because I had a son who was in the Young group back then, and they (the Christmas Cards) just started showing up eight years ago. It is kind of a cool thing, and I am one of the few on here (I believe) that is a W. fan.

It just might be possible to mail a comic book to the President with a request for an autograph for your sons birthday or whatever, that if you are real real real lucky, it might just come back signed.

But then, you would never really know who signed it. Just like my Christmas cards.