• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official Matthew Kirscht art thread

176 posts in this topic

I do really like the sky though, have never been able to recreate that just right.

The sky in that one makes me think of my painting. Did you ever take an image of it? I don't have a camera, and I don't think it would fit on my scanner.

I'm really impressed with your ink and watercolour work. It's more polished than the painting, which you well know I also enjoy a great deal :shy:

Just received in the mail!

Front cover AND back cover!

I don't know which one to show in the frame! :frustrated:

Thanks, Matt! :luhv:

82331.jpg.0c08ae8755e2ccd7b522507d0911e10d.jpg

82332.jpg.890689934c632ac7fa64217f162d6535.jpg

I do really like the sky though, have never been able to recreate that just right.

The sky in that one makes me think of my painting. Did you ever take an image of it? I don't have a camera, and I don't think it would fit on my scanner.

I'm really impressed with your ink and watercolour work. It's more polished than the painting, which you well know I also enjoy a great deal :shy:

I think I have an image of it somewhere, but I'd have to dig it up.

With a pen I feel the need to be really anal about the marks, but with paint I like to make it sketchier, more mushy & more emotion in it. I like to do both types so I keep from getting bored!

Just received in the mail!

Front cover AND back cover!

I don't know which one to show in the frame! :frustrated:

Thanks, Matt! :luhv:

82332.jpg

Get it slabbed and find a stand that will allow you to show both sides. The work on this book is spectacular!

I picked up a few pieces before the convention since I did not go. :D

First up "The Mirror". This is my first Oil and I absolutely love it. In hand it is breathtaking.

themirror.jpg

I was also lucky enough to be able to get the piece "Showtime".

showtimeoa.jpg

I didn't think I was going to get "Fair Play" since I noticed it after the convention had already started but lucky for me it did not sell during the show so I am thrilled to have it.

fairplay.jpg

These are all fantastic pieces and I am on :cloud9:. Thanks again, Matt. :)

I didn't think I was going to get "Fair Play" since I noticed it after the convention had already started but lucky for me it did not sell during the show so I am thrilled to have it.

fairplay.jpg

Great pick ups. I love her face on this one.

fairplay.jpg

Great pick ups. I love her face on this one.

Thanks, Andrew. The face is definitely what drew me to the piece. I was just surprised when Matt told me it was available. I figured it would have been one of the pieces that sold. I guess it was meant to be. :cloud9:

What, it's been a month w/ no :bump: here...?

A recently received purchase found that a Shiverbones "Package Monster" had tagged along:

Picture003.jpg

:grin:

* It looks massive, but is approx 5"x5"... I'm still working w/ the learning curve on my new camera. ;)

What, it's been a month w/ no :bump: here...?

A recently received purchase found that a Shiverbones "Package Monster" had tagged along:

Picture003.jpg

:grin:

* It looks massive, but is approx 5"x5"... I'm still working w/ the learning curve on my new camera. ;)

Package monster? Is that a monster ?