• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

75% OFF Mile High Sale Code Word " SCANS "

34 posts in this topic

Also FYI, after trying it on a book, it only gave me %20 off

If you call in and speak to their online order manager, he's pretty good about getting those things fixed.

Honestly, I took advantage for Christmas when he had a book that usually sells for $35 marked for $75, but then he implemented the holiday special pricing and it went down to $17. That's when you buy from Chuckles.

And shockingly, the book arrived in 9.4/9.6 shape versus the usual NM label on a VF book.

it only gave me 20% :(

makes a difference if you're buying a CGC book? (shrug)

The man says...

That's when I decided to layer a temporary 20% off codeword discount on top of the 66%-90% off discounts that we were already offering on all of the back issue comics and magazines that we list on our website. The net effect of this additional 20% off SCANS codeword was to increase our minimum discount on all of our back issue comics and magazines to approximately 75% off.

Chuck should be required to show his math... ;)

Lord G-d, that's close to false advertising. If you're actually upping the price before you put on a sale, well, gosh. One would think that sort of thing would be illegal or something

it only gave me 20% :(

makes a difference if you're buying a CGC book? (shrug)

The man says...

That's when I decided to layer a temporary 20% off codeword discount on top of the 66%-90% off discounts that we were already offering on all of the back issue comics and magazines that we list on our website. The net effect of this additional 20% off SCANS codeword was to increase our minimum discount on all of our back issue comics and magazines to approximately 75% off.

Chuck should be required to show his math... ;)

i started to put this to words but your post is better

Well, he is talking about implementing instant chat from salesforce.com so when you go to his site and it detects your IP address and what book you are looking at, a message pops up with a note from a sales representative "What's it going to take to help you drive this baby off the lot?"

Now the haggling back and forth and the automated rep stating each time "If you can please electronically sign the amount you just stated I will take it to my automated manager and see if it can be approved - he's tough but I'll talk him into it."

It will give you that true feel you expect.