• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhiGam's 'I quit my job at Apple' SALE!! NEW BOOKS ADDED!!!

80 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I finally quit my job at Apple today :) I feel like a noose has been released from my neck :D Anyway, I will be posting some books later today in order to get some 'loose change' for the coming week and a half (start new job right after the PHX comic con)..

:takeit: rules apply

US shipping:

1-4 raw books is $5

5+ raw books is $8

1-2 slabs is $8

3+ slabs is $12

if you're outside of the US, please PM me BEFORE posting the :takeit:

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!! :headbang:

NEW BOOKS ADDED, AND MORE PRICE REDUCTIONS!!

Best of luck on the new job. When I finally left my first career behind, it felt great. I hope the change works out well.

:applause: What he said :)

Hey bud did you get those bone comics shipped off and did you recieve mine?

Hello all!

I finally quit my job at Apple today :) I feel like a noose has been released from my neck :D Anyway, I will be posting some books later today in order to get some 'loose change' for the coming week and a half (start new job right after the PHX comic con)..

I hope it works out for you. I couldn't imagine leaving a company like Apple in this economic climate, but I'm sure your decision was sound and best for you. Good luck!

Best of luck on the new job. When I finally left my first career behind, it felt great. I hope the change works out well.

:applause: What he said :)

Ditto, congrats and good luck Colin!!! :applause:

Is your new job drastically different than the old job? I've been employed in the manufacturing sector as a Draftsman, Methods Analyst, Industrial Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer for the past 35 years and am seriously considering getting out of manufacturing altogether. All 5 businesses I've worked for have either been sold or closed or both (maybe I'm a jinx?). My current company is closing their doors sometime in May or June and I'm soon-to-be 52 years old.

I've already decided I'm just going to kick back for a couple of months and sell comics. After that I'm not sure what I'm going to do. (shrug)

Thank you all for the kind words :)

I needed to quit the job for various reasons...and the new job will pay for the rest of my schooling, and yes..it has a slight pay increase for less work (:

ultimately, leaving a huge corporation like Apple for a third party retailer is a gamble in the long run, but in the 'long run' I sure hope i'm not working retail any longer lol

to answer your question shark: nope, my job is not drastically different whatseover...I'm still an apple technician, i just won't have to deal with customer service any longer....just straight repairs :)

26 years old is TOO OLD to be working at a mall, IMO ( no offense meant to anyone that works at a mall )...

books coming up in a few (thumbs u

Hello all!

Leaving the same time as Jobs?

hm

Coincidence?

first up,

Invincible #1 CGC 9.8 SS Kirkman AND Cory Walker with double head sketches!!! Best looking 9.8 of ANY i have ever owned ( I have four copies right now )

I recently got this from steve (evilash) and don't want to let it go, but I have too many Invicible #1s right now...it will make a great addition to any collection (:

yours for $500 shipped :) $475 shipped!!

Inv001_98SS2xsketch_001.jpg

Bone #1 first print 9.0/9.2 SOLD

This is a nice solid copy...only reason i'm letting this go is bc i just got a nice Bone #1 slab (: This is a great pressing candidate, and a nice book to have on file for the Heroes signing...Highest graded SS copy is schmidt's 8.5 (which has tons of CB stress cracks)...this could be YOUR HIGHEST GRADED BONE #1 SS ON THE CENSUS :o

yours for $479 shipped!!

th_Bone01_copy2_FC_001.jpg

th_Bone01_copy2_BC_002.jpg

(click on thumbnails for super-large scans!)