• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death Rattle #1 1995 error edition

24 posts in this topic

I just bought a 1995 Death Rattle #1 error edition from my LCS owner who told me they are rare and probably not distributed and he bought his straight from Diamond. Does anyone have any information on this book. He said not many people know about it. Thanks.

JD, what is the error?

There are quite a few books with multi-covers, extra pages inserted accidentally, or even reverse pages.

I never heard of a known error issues with Vol. 3, #1 but that doesn't mean they are not out there.

In the words of Number 2 in The Prisoner, "We want INFORMATION!" There's a tribute to the late Patrick McGoohan.

Never heard of this "error" edition. Care to enlighten?? (shrug)

Thats why I am asking the board. I don't have any info to share. I bought it on blind faith. I don't know if the error is on the cover inside etc. The owner had it marked error edition and the kid at the shop just said he knew it was rare and an error and the the owner bought it straight from the distributor..........

Check the pages JD and see if any are reversed. I never heard of a Death Rattle error edition, and I collect a few of these books.

Maybe there was a manufacturer error not known before. Hopefully there is if they sold it to you this way.

Hmmmm. I don't know if that would put it over the top as an error issue. Dark Horse Presents 1 has that same color difference at times, and that would be the entire cover's shade.

Did you look inside to also see if the books match each other, page-for-page? Any ad differences on the insides or back?

Very interesting, I didn't know it, but I have this error edition, too. There's a few differences, first, there is the actual error. Here's a picture:

000_1052.jpg

pages 6 and 7 are reversed, it is corrected in the newer version. Sorry about my hairy knuckles... :blush:

Other differences are the different colored logo, a UPC code is on the back cover of the corrected version, while a small image of a female is in the same spot on the error version. Also, the indicia reads in the error edition: "First Printing, October 1995 5 4 3 2 1" while the corrected version says "Corrected Reprinting, December 1995 5 4 3 2 1"

Thanks for bringing this to my attention with this thread. (thumbs u

I wonder how limited a distribution there was on the error copy?

So if you sent this into CGC, would they note it as "Error Edition" like they would on the Sandman books with the miscolored or reversed pages?

There ya go JD!

Like I suggested, doing a side-by-side was the big help here. Great to know as it is not noted anywhere I have seen.

Thanks Brother J for the education.

There are few people in the world that I would go to for comic info before Brother J.

There ya go JD!

Like I suggested, doing a side-by-side was the big help here. Great to know as it is not noted anywhere I have seen.

There are few people in the world that I would go to for comic info before Brother J.

ah, you know I've got nothing on you when it comes to comic knowledge :blush:. RockMyAmadeus has helped with tons of advice on oddball variants and other things I wasn't aware of over the years.

BTW, watch out, I hear someone is planning on ambushing you with a man-hug in NYC. :sick:

Very interesting, I didn't know it, but I have this error edition, too. There's a few differences, first, there is the actual error. Here's a picture:

000_1052.jpg

pages 6 and 7 are reversed, it is corrected in the newer version. Sorry about my hairy knuckles... :blush:

Other differences are the different colored logo, a UPC code is on the back cover of the corrected version, while a small image of a female is in the same spot on the error version. Also, the indicia reads in the error edition: "First Printing, October 1995 5 4 3 2 1" while the corrected version says "Corrected Reprinting, December 1995 5 4 3 2 1"

Thanks for bringing this to my attention with this thread. (thumbs u

Thank you so much. You are the man...............The store owner said they were caught and only a few escaped............Kind of like the Black Venom.......He said they are very rare.

There ya go JD!

ah, you know I've got nothing on you when it comes to comic knowledge :blush:. RockMyAmadeus has helped with tons of advice on oddball variants and other things I wasn't aware of over the years.

BTW, watch out, I hear someone is planning on ambushing you with a man-hug in NYC. :sick:

I heard.

;)

You know I have ears everywhere... lol

I don't think he's even gonna show.... ;)

There ya go JD!

I didn't want to handle them anymore and put them side by side since that lowers the grade and they both are perfect . Great stuff..........