• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,701 posts in this topic

$750, eh? Wow. I wonder what the long term market for these printings is. When the first print prices started getting really bananas, it was logical for people to turn to the second prints to get their fix. But then the prices on the second prints shot up so they turn to the third prints but there's enough of those out there that prices shouldn't get too high. What does it all mean???

$750, eh? Wow. I wonder what the long term market for these printings is. When the first print prices started getting really bananas, it was logical for people to turn to the second prints to get their fix. But then the prices on the second prints shot up so they turn to the third prints but there's enough of those out there that prices shouldn't get too high. What does it all mean???

Double rainbows? lol

Seriously though, 2nd prints in CGC 9.4 are going to hit the $1K mark, I'd be willing to bet, by the end of the year.

The 3rd prints will stay in the $200-$300 range because there's just to many of them out there imho.

(thumbs u

Edited by whetteon

Question about original TMNT issues. I read somewhere that cgc would not be grading Early issues of TMNT because the original copies and fakes are so hard to differentiate. Is that true or rumors as usual?

Edited by Sdmacross

Question about original TMNT issues. I read somewhere that cgc would not be grading Early issues of TMNT because the original copies and fakes are so hard to differentiate. Is that true or rumors as usual?

Just rumours. I believe CGC labels counterfeit copies as such.

Ok, my fault. I should done more checking into before posting. I believed it was Gobbledygook #1 and #2 (1984) that CGC do not verify cause it was photocopied and stapled together with TMNT #1 sale ad on the back.

TMNT-02_counterfeit_rich.jpg

:cloud9:

On a side note: Here is a great thread to read about the differences between printings. TMNT Differences between printings

Once you know the differences like the covers tells, different indicas, ads, and shading tones of the interior of the books you'll be better able to spot counterfeits. (thumbs u

Ok, my fault. I should done more checking into before posting. I believed it was Gobbledygook #1 and #2 (1984) that CGC do not verify cause it was photocopied and stapled together with TMNT #1 sale ad on the back.

That is correct. They wouldnt even grade copies that Kevin hand delivered to the table.

Sort of cool.. hm