• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exciting Comics #9

82 posts in this topic

Exciting Comics #9 1st App. Black Terror

Couple questions about this book.

How scarce is it? Can't really find much info on it.

Anybody with any info on it? Would one expect to pay alot more than guide on a low grade copy?

Thanks for any help.

I personally, think Exciting 28 is just as tough as #9...

Exciting 9 is WAY tougher. And especially in grade. Darn near impossible to find a nice copy. There are at least three nice 28s that have been floating around. For whatever reason, Gerber had a tough time finding one to photograph (much like Flash 56) and that has given it some mystique. But it isn't as difficult as everyone assumes.

I personally, think Exciting 28 is just as tough as #9...

Exciting 9 is WAY tougher. And especially in grade. Darn near impossible to find a nice copy. There are at least three nice 28s that have been floating around. For whatever reason, Gerber had a tough time finding one to photograph (much like Flash 56) and that has given it some mystique. But it isn't as difficult as everyone assumes.

Exactly right. Exciting #28 is no more difficult to find than a lot of Nedors. Exciting 30, for example, is way tougher than #28, but doesn't get the glory.

I had a very nice mid-grade Exciting #9 many years ago, but foolishly sold it when I decided to just go for the Schomburg covers.

I would think a G to VG would run around $1000-$1400

Good luck with that. I'd pay $2000 for a 3.0 with nice pages in a heartbeat. I've been trying to track down a copy for a long time. Had a slight resto copy about 12 years ago, made a run at one Andy Absher had a few years ago, and have tried to talk MCMiles out of his for over a year.

No dice.

Metro has the MH copy for big dollars if you want to go that route. Other than that, not much out there.

One of the highlight purchases I made in '08, I made a low offer on comiclink and picked this up. I'm looking for a centerfold but given the rarity probably won't have much luck. This issue, the one on Metro and one on Heritage a few years ago sold recently and all were missing a centerfold. I wouldn't call it rare, but it's a tough book to find unrestored and in decent shape. Often overlooked for the reasons others have said already

exciting9.jpg

exc9002.jpg

exc9006.jpg

exc9005.jpg

One of the highlight purchases I made in '08, I made a low offer on comiclink and picked this up. I'm looking for a centerfold but given the rarity probably won't have much luck. This issue, the one on Metro and one on Heritage a few years ago sold recently and all were missing a centerfold. I wouldn't call it rare, but it's a tough book to find unrestored and in decent shape. Often overlooked for the reasons others have said already

exciting9.jpg

exc9002.jpg

exc9006.jpg

exc9005.jpg

Very nice!! :applause:

exciting9.jpg

exc9002.jpg

exc9006.jpg

exc9005.jpg

WHat was the approx. price you paid for this book. Was this more expensive than Restored VGs?