• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA - Catman #20, Young Allies #4, Zip #9 & GGA added

65 posts in this topic

Do you have the Weird Tales pulp to match this cover? I am looking for one.

These Pulps have matching comics?

Well this isn't a pulp. But the Weird Tales pulp has a very similiar scene drawn by Fox. It was drawn prior to the Chilling Tales comic release.

Do you have the Weird Tales pulp to match this cover? I am looking for one.

These Pulps have matching comics?

Well this isn't a pulp. But the Weird Tales pulp has a very similiar scene drawn by Fox. It was drawn prior to the Chilling Tales comic release.

Very cool, and cool comic. There is one on Ebay right now. Little bit pricey or I might grab it.

Thanks Junkenstein!

returner

The Ray Bradbury story is "Black Ferris" - the basis for the novel Something Wicked This Way Comes

I used to have the WT with the Matt Fox cover similar to the Chilling Tales - a great one!

All the WT Matt Fox covers are cool - and generally cheaper than the comics with his covers.

WEB TERROR STORIES V.4 #1 First issue of this digest sized pulp from 1962. Equally bizarre interior illos. Pages are lt. tan but supple. FN condition with excellent color and gloss. $50

wts862.jpg

TRUE DETECTIVE MYSTERIES 10/35 Not a pulp - but a true crime magazine with bright white pages. A little too large for my scanner - so the scan is cropped a little on the sides - but there are no surprises. VG+ condition. Great Red Scare cover! $45

truedetective.jpg

ALL TOP #10 Classic Kamen bondage cover. Baker Phantom Lady. What looks like Kamen art on the Blue Beetle story as well. I bought this as a blue label CGC 5.0 - but long ago cracked the slab and don't seem to have saved the label. The grade was spot on IMHO. Pages are CR/OW - though I think CGC called them plain OW. White area at top is not paper loss - but printing defect. The book has a matte finish like many Fox books. $350

at10.jpg

at10bc.jpg

BRENDA STARR #14 The best of Kamen's bondage covers. Key GGA book. OW pages Graded 5.5 $650

bs14-1.jpg

bs14bc.jpg

One of my all-time favorite covers! If I didn't already own a copy I might snag it myelf! Nice book! (thumbs u :golfclap:

DAGAR #14 Sweet copy - just a few spine ticks on the FC - white fleck next to the K in Hawk looks like a production defect. BC has a slight dust shadow, and a tiny stain that does not go thru to inside cover. Pages are Cream with a hint of tanning at the bottom.

One of the all-time great GGA bondage/headlights covers - and the Safari Cary story has to be seen to be believed - bondage/headlights and lingerie galore - often all at once - with a nice knife in the neck panel as a bonus.

8.0 $675

dagar.jpg

dagarbc.jpg

One more pulp related item.

The Dover Press facsimile reprints of The Shadow stories The Crime Oracle and The Teeth of the Dragon from 1975.

Includes all the original text illos. and even advertisements. VF- condition $10

shadowrpt.jpg

A couple of pre-code crime books

SHOCKING MYSTERY #56 5.0 due to 1/2" spine split and small chip out of top right- Dynamic L.B. Cole cover. One of his better crime ones. SOLD

Shock56.jpg

CRIME MUST PAY THE PENALTY #2 Extremely violent issue - but FR condition at best as there is a 2"x4" triangular chunk out of the back cover and last page - two panels seriously effected on either side. SOLD

penalty2.jpg