• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going out of business sale! FREE STUFF!

33 posts in this topic

I'm retiring from selling on ebay, and will be closing my store. I don't have a lot of comics posted in there right now (I stopped listing items in the store awhile back) but I have hundreds of B&W 8x10 glossies. If you need any cool photos, check out the store. Buy one photo valued at $6.95 and get one of equal value free! No limit. They make great gifts for Christmas (they're an excellent way to decorate a den -- lots of movie & TV stars, musicians, etc.). Just hit the BIN on the ones you want to purchase, then tell me which free ones you want, and I'll cancel the listing (so I don't get hit with FVF).

If you do see a comic you like, but don't like the price, make me an offer.

Joanna's ebay store

any original art?

I did my best to hang onto as much art as possible. I sold off a lot, but I was able to keep some very dear pieces. I kept my Byrne WW pages, my Perez Superman/WW kiss, my Curt Swan WW page, my Swan sketch of Saturn Girl, WW & Supergirl, and a few others. I also got to keep the bulk of my animation cels (some really cool Warner Bros. cels, a Superfriends, and a Rugrats cel of the character I voiced). So as bad as the losses are, I retained enough to keep me smiling when I see my walls.

Errol Flynn is a good writer, he's written several articles for newspapers and magazines and some books, ie: Beam Ends.

Have you read "Errol Flynn: The Spy who Never was" by Charles Higham? He claims that Flynn was a Nazi spy.

John

Flynn :"Any man who has $10,000 left when he dies is a failure."

Since nobody else has asked, why are you retiring? Too much work now that you're a writing demon? grin.gif

Due to several things, I have a small window of opportunity and I'm going to jump on it. I want to aggresively pursue more writing jobs, and will be spending the next couple of months writing queries, proposals and probably a quick genre novel or two. I feel my time will be better spent on these pursuits than on ebay. For one thing, I'm running out of stuff to sell. I've sustained myself for over a year and a half selling off the stuff I've found around my apartment. Luckily, I was a collector and a pack rat, so I had a lot of stuff. But at this point, I'm down to things that either aren't worth much, or that I just don't want to sell.

I have a small sum of money coming, due to the book advances and a couple of other things, so I'm going to live off that for the next couple of months and work like a crazy woman to get more writing jobs. It's very risky, but it's worth it to me. I live a very spare life (one reason you never see me buy anything off of ebay other than office supplies for the selling end) so I'm hoping to squeeze as much time as I can out of the money. I'm going to try several different avenues, including comics, so hopefully I'll have good news some time next year. I would love to write for DC again, and have contacted them. I was encouraged to submit, so I'll be doing that (the editor I wrote to said, he was "grateful" I was still interested in writing for them, so that seemed pretty hopeful to me). I also have another book proposal written, and a place to sell some genre novels. I'll try to supplement with writing for magazines. The publisher I'm currently working with is also interested in anything else I want to submit. The acquiring editor has been asking for more ideas as soon as I finish these two books.

With those opportunities, and with a small sum in the bank, I think I can make a go of it. But there'll be no time for ebay, so that's why I'm 'retiring'.

-- Joanna

Holy rusted metal!

I will certainly be buying a few of your beautiful photos... but I wanted to thank you for your sig file... I had no idea that my separate Political Forum had been approved until I saw your sig! No one bothered to tell me, and I don't go up there much...

Woo-hoo...

Sorry to hijack your thread, but it's a free bump! smile.gif

Joanna,

I'll take those 9 comic books you have listed in the store directly. I figure why pop the BINs and have you lose out on fees too. Thanks!

Wow!! Thanks, Darth! I'll go cancel the listings. Do you want any of the $6.95 photos? You're entitled to 9 of them (I figure every purchase gets a free photo, why not?) Just tell me the titles and I'll toss them in.

-- Joanna

Holy rusted metal!

I will certainly be buying a few of your beautiful photos...

Woo woo!!! Hit the BIN or just tell me the titles and I'll cancel them. On the free ones, be sure you just tell me the titles.

but I wanted to thank you for your sig file... I had no idea that my separate Political Forum had been approved until I saw your sig! No one bothered to tell me, and I don't go up there much...

Woo-hoo...

Sorry to hijack your thread, but it's a free bump! smile.gif

I'm glad it worked. That's why I put that in the sig line -- I figured a lot of people wouldn't know it happened. So far, both are getting posts, so hopefully Arch's fear of one or the other dying won't come true.

-- Joanna