• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Avengers Sketch Cover MEGATHREAD

1,808 posts in this topic

thanks Gramps, yeah I love the lizard because it fills the blank space fantastically....also great detail in his face. I used an ASM cover for reference except I asked that he be holding spidey's mask in a triumphant pose

384419085_o.jpg

This is an awesome sketch, but, man, sometimes I'd wish that you didn't feel like you have to get a Stan Lee signature on every single book you slab; it really detracts from Romita's soft pencil work in this case. :foryou:

I hear your point bro.....

But this time you are dead wrong.......dead wrong.....

This Stan sig is on a classic Lizard sketchit fills in the blank space on the cover PERFECTLY.

Yeah I have some sketches that dont NEED the Stan Lee sig....I can agree with you. But def. not on this sketch.

384419085_o.jpg

:applause:

Simply breath taking!

Now if he could only teach his son how to draw as well :P

:jokealert:

And at the same time you are correct

Mrs. Romita thinks that he just keeps getting better the older he gets. In fact on a few of the sketches he reflected on the sketches afterward.....like on the lizard he wrote...."Think I did it better here than the cover." Or like on the board DevilsRain posted for his Mary Jane sketch.

Another before and after shot since other Saviuk work has been posted:

Before:

DarkAvengers1-SaviukGoblin.jpg

After:

As usual, Laura Martin did a bang-up job on this. :cool:

Thanks Pops! Did you used to go by "Gramps", or are you someone completely different?

Another before and after shot since other Saviuk work has been posted:

Before:

After:

As usual, Laura Martin did a bang-up job on this. :cool:

Now don't get me wrong: I'm a big fan of Saviuk--such a nice and personable person too! But this sketch really needed to filled out which I think Laura Martin ONCE AGAIN proves her worth by taking a nice sketch and turning it into a really eye-pleasing piece of comic art.

You made a really smart move in having this Goblin colored in--takes it from a nice sketch to a solid, collectable level IMO