• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A 4.0 with a detached cover ???

42 posts in this topic

Actually, my Archie #1 is 4.0 with cover detatched. It also has off white pages. So you know, I don't find this whole 4.0 detatched GA book to be that uncommon.
it is now your copy from the last comic link auction was the one I was refering too (thumbs u

How can this book with an almost fully detached cover be a 4.0 ?

Sounds like a classic "golden age bump".

Try submitting a modern with a detached cover and getting a 4.0 on it.

Abominable Snowman

Loch Ness

Golden Age Bump

I tell ya, for all these GA books that get the so-called "bump". I think i'm getting hosed. Not a single book I've ever submitted got any bump other than a downward one. What am I doing wrong? :insane:

don't worry, the "Bump" is just a wive's tale or a forum legend lol

Any books that I have submitted that had a detached staple have always come back with a green label. Did CGC stop using the GREEN?

Depends on the book, although I believe you do have a choice. CGC will make the call unless you insist on either a Universal label or a Green label before hand.

R.

Actually, my Archie #1 is 4.0 with cover detatched. It also has off white pages. So you know, I don't find this whole 4.0 detatched GA book to be that uncommon.
it is now your copy from the last comic link auction was the one I was refering too (thumbs u

? I won mine from an Heritage auction back in late November/early December.

3202576716_0a6cb7685e.jpg

Sorry about my mug being in there (and that the info is too tiny for people to read) but like I said, 4.0 with OW/W pages and a detatched cover. (shrug)

? I won mine from an Heritage auction back in late November/early December.

3202576716_0a6cb7685e.jpg

Sorry about my mug being in there (and that the info is too tiny for people to read) but like I said, 4.0 with OW/W pages and a detatched cover. (shrug)

sorry, I meant heritage doh!

Curious as in how much did you pay? thanks

More then I'd tell a public forum.

Daaaaaaaaayum ( <3 gpa :baiting:)
After looking at the census im much less surprised at the price. grats (thumbs u

Am I missing the obvious , but isn't the WFC in this thread a SB book with the spine glued to the interior? So the "almost" detached moniker is probably quite accurate given that glue probably still holds in a few places? (shrug)

Regarding the other 4.0 books mentioned in this thread with detached covers I don't know, but I can understand this WFC book being graded and labeled as it is.