• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me ID this book please- Bombardier

7 posts in this topic

Only thing I can find in Overstreet is Bee 29, The Bombardier. Neal Publications, only one issue, funny animal. 1945. This all seems good but My copy says "A Century Publication" on cover. The only couple ads I see are Canadian, no publisher info at all. Is this just the Canadian variant of the Neal one?

Sorry for the crappy quick scans, but the book did go through some flood of some kind.

bomb0001.jpg

bomb0002.jpg

Only thing I can find in Overstreet is Bee 29, The Bombardier. Neal Publications, only one issue, funny animal. 1945. This all seems good but My copy says "A Century Publication" on cover. The only couple ads I see are Canadian, no publisher info at all. Is this just the Canadian variant of the Neal one?

Sorry for the crappy quick scans, but the book did go through some flood of some kind.

bomb0001.jpg3220097519_5365e6cd4a_b.jpg

I don't have much new information but the cover is the same as the Neal Publication.

I think it is the Australian edition by New Century press which published famous American comics (and not so famous apparently).

bb

I don't have much new information but the cover is the same as the Neal Publication.

I think it is the Australian edition by New Century press which published famous American comics (and not so famous apparently).

bb

You might be right, but most 1945 Australian comics I have seen were sixpence (6d) rather than ninepence (9d).

bb

You might be right, but most 1945 Australian comics I have seen were sixpence (6d) rather than ninepence (9d).

I have seen Australian editions sold for ninepence but since the ads on the back cover mention Toronto and Great Britain it is probably the Canadian/Britain hybrid mentioned above.

bb