• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL - What major characters will lose the most popularity in the next 20 years?

Which major characters will lose the most popularity in the next 20 years?  

606 members have voted

1. 1. Which major characters will lose the most popularity in the next 20 years?

88 posts in this topic

I am surprised so many Wonder Woman votes. Stick another hot girl like Linda Carter :cloud9: in a Wonder Woman costume on TV and she will be the hottest thing again.

Bruce

Oh, I´m getting all sweaty :insane:

Linda Carter... I am 13..all over again..2 hours in the bathroon..how?? LINDA CARTER!!!! She is best.. no matter how many times I llookkk back.. Raquel Welch hot!! DUDE that's hot!!!!!!!!!!

there's a lot of worthy choices lol but I went with wonder woman, thor, and green lantern... I see them as having little modern relevance and as being poor choices for film/multimedia treatment.

I hear what people are saying re supes... but I think he will always have some kind of popularity at least just because he will always be the first.

I guess it also depends if we are all thinking about popularity in terms of comic book sales, or in terms of collective consciousness

I am surprised so many Wonder Woman votes. Stick another hot girl like Linda Carter :cloud9: in a Wonder Woman costume on TV and she will be the hottest thing again.

Bruce

good point, although the costume is a problem. Not too sexy by today's standards.

Everyone is dead wrong about Wonder Woman. Give her a decently written movie and she'll pop. Not just because of the sex appeal either, women love wonder woman, she's an icon, she's the female Superman.

Everyone is dead wrong about Wonder Woman. Give her a decently written movie and she'll pop. Not just because of the sex appeal either, women love wonder woman, she's an icon, she's the female Superman.

I totally agree Andy (thumbs u

George.

Wolverine - he's been around for over 30 years - and pretty popular for 25 - but I just don't see him

as having the longevity of Spider- man or Batman.

Iron Man is a third tier hero who will only be big as long the movies are being made.

Daredevil has benefited from great writers and artists that have cemented his persona as Marvel's gritty version of the "Dark Knight" - but if not handled properly his popularity will wane.

I don't think Iron Man is or ever will be a "third" tier hero. Continuous comic continuity since 1963(His book has never been canceled just rebooted), dedicated toy lines and cartoon series well before the major movie. I would put him as a "second" tier before the movie and now as a "first" tier. He is everywhere right now. Also has a new cartoon out that would appeal to the younger crowd as it is based on a "teenage" Tony. New movie in the works as well. It's all up from here, for now anyways.

I voted for Human Torch, Thor and Green Lantern. Popularity is low and unless there is some kind of movie action they will stay that way.

Wonder Woman, Human Torch, and Green Lantern..

There hasn't been anything exciting about these three characters in over 15 years.

In regards to current comics, I'd disagree with the GL pick. I think it's one of the best titles going right now. Geoff Johns has done great things with the character. And, as someone said, if he's on cartoons, there might be the boomerang effect in the future.

Wonder Woman's an icon. She's "the" female superhero even without a good comic or TV run in years.

I agree with you on the Torch.