• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL - What major characters will lose the most popularity in the next 20 years?

Which major characters will lose the most popularity in the next 20 years?  

606 members have voted

1. 1. Which major characters will lose the most popularity in the next 20 years?

88 posts in this topic

You get 3 votes.

Characters come and go. Apparently Captain Marvel was the most popular charater of the WW II era.

So which of the characters on this list are due for a fall in popularity? (In other words, what characters will lose the largest percentage of their audience in the next 20 years.)

(note - I did not include Indy characters in the poll)

I used a vote on Superman.

It's kind of funny how ACTION COMICS in the early 1970's all said "World's #1 Selling Comic"

Supes has been steadily declining ever since. One day he might be relegated to Popeye level of popularity.

Wolverine - he's been around for over 30 years - and pretty popular for 25 - but I just don't see him

as having the longevity of Spider- man or Batman.

Iron Man is a third tier hero who will only be big as long the movies are being made.

Daredevil has benefited from great writers and artists that have cemented his persona as Marvel's gritty version of the "Dark Knight" - but if not handled properly his popularity will wane.

I didn't put him on the list, but Aquaman has got to be the biggest joke these days.

Craig Ferguson does a great Aquaman spoof once a week called DEAR AQUAMAN ........ hilarious.

And FAMILY GUY has made fun of Aquaman too ...... spoofing his inability to help a woman being attacked because she was outside the water.

Superman due to the copywrite problems, DC won`t promote Supes as much knowing they only will get half the cut. Batman because I can`t ever seeing him being as popular as he is now due to Heath Ledger and Punisher his recent movie was the lowest grossing Marvel superhero movie of all time,even the Spirit wiped the floor with him.