• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF1 on Comiclink

7 posts in this topic

I am shopping out a decent FF1 and I just saw a cgc 7.5 restored on comiclink - only bit of restoration - cover cleaning??? it sold for 9k??? i would have bought that in a HEART BEAT!!! I didn't even realize that qualified a book for a purple label. whats the deal on that?

I am shopping out a decent FF1 and I just saw a cgc 7.5 restored on comiclink - only bit of restoration - cover cleaning??? it sold for 9k??? i would have bought that in a HEART BEAT!!! I didn't even realize that qualified a book for a purple label. whats the deal on that?

If you are interested in a nice restored HG FF #1 for under $7k, PM Filter81

I believe he still has one for sale :gossip:

If you are interested in a nice restored HG FF #1 for under $7k, PM Filter81

I believe he still has one for sale :gossip:

I'm not looking for a restored copy - I was just saying that the FF1 on comiclink would be good enough for me at that price. I won't be buying anything with ct, trimming, or pieces added though. if his is only slightly restored like this one and 7.5 or higher - I might be game

Must have been cleaned with a solvent. Only dry cleaning to remove surface dirt will get a blue label.

geez - why would someone do such a thing? do solvents remove stains?

Yes... solvents can remove stains, pen and sometimes even the yellow transfer stain.

Pardon my ignorance - I haven't been tracking the market closely lately - but is $9k for a restored FF1 in 7.5 a 'steal'? It seems like that's actually pretty close to guide for an unrestored FF1 in 7.5... Is 7.5 sufficiently 'high grade' for an FF1 that they normally go for above guide?