• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the top 5 GA books that command the highest % premium over guide???

122 posts in this topic

What are the first five Golden Age books, unrestored, that come to mind that generally commands the highest multiples above guide, particularly low to mid grade copies??? To put it another way, what are the top five underpriced/underrated books judging by what they typically sell for when offered on the market? What say you? hm

What are the first five Golden Age books, unrestored, that come to mind that generally commands the highest multiples above guide, particularly low to mid grade copies??? To put it another way, what are the top five underpriced/underrated books judging by what they typically sell for when offered on the market? What say you? hm

Action 1

Detective 27

Action 1

Detective 27

Action 1

in low to mid grade

tec 35 is a 5x guide book

MMC 9 is generally a 4x guide book

Amazing man 22 is a 10x guide book

cap 46 is a 5x guide book

MMC 46 is a 5x guide book easy

Action 1

Detective 27

Action 1

Detective 27

Action 1

those are only 3x guide books doh!

Action 1

Detective 27

Action 1

Detective 27

Action 1

yeah...I know.... :jokealert:

Ok.....how about (real answers )

Pep 22

Tec 35

Archie 1

Marvel Mystery 9

....and I'm drawing a blank for the #5 spot

In the upcoming Comiclink FEB\MARCH Auction, there are many minor key issues being offered. Does anyone predict these to go over guide?

ADVENTURE COMICS #40

1939, The Sandman begins

Condition: CGC 1.5 FRG

Page Quality: Cream to Off-White Pages

Type of Holder: Universal

Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored

ADVENTURE COMICS #61

1941, Starman 1st appearance

Condition: CGC 3.0 GVG

Page Quality: White Pages

ALL-AMERICAN COMICS #16

1940, 1st Green Lantern & Origin! ...

Condition: CGC 2.0 GD

Type of Holder: Restored

Degree Of Restoration: Slight Amateur Restoration

CGC Grading Comments: Includes: small amount of color touch on cover, piece reattached to cover (Moderate amount of tape on interior)

ALL STAR COMICS #8

1941, 1st Wonder Woman & Origin!

Condition: CGC 2.5 GD+

MORE FUN COMICS #52

1940, 1st Spectre and Origin

Condition: CGC 6.0 FN

Page Quality: Off-White to White Pages

Type of Holder: Restored

Degree Of Restoration: Extensive Professional Restoration

CGC Grading Comments: Includes: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned, interior lightened, reinforced

russell tells me there are a few rare catmans' that go for many mulitples. and somebody put up a copy of headline 8 or millie 2 for sale and let's see what the board's piranhas do with 'em.

Action 1

Detective 27

Action 1

Detective 27

Action 1

yeah...I know.... :jokealert:

Ok.....how about (real answers )

Pep 22

Tec 35

Archie 1

Marvel Mystery 9

....and I'm drawing a blank for the #5 spot

I have seen archie 1 sell at 2-2.5x guide or so, but never higher, so maybe strike that one from your list (even that nice 4.0 only went at 8900 relative to a 3600 guide)... (shrug)

pep 22 would be a good one...never seen one sell, so don't know, but I have "heard" 5x guide...

tec 35 many confirmed 5x guide sales

cap 46, many confirmed 5x guide sales (I have bought and sold 3 diff in that range)

MMC 46, many confirmed 5x guide sales...

Amazing Man 22, at least 3 confirmed 10x sales on this board alone!

and MMC 9, 4x guide is about right!

It amazes me that the Tec35 would be a 5x guide book. :screwy:

I realize it's a popular book of course but the cover really does nothing for me. (shrug)

:o it is one of the greatest Classic Covers of the entire GA

bondage

hypodermic needle

long-eared Batman

great colors and intense theme / cover action scene

...it's just wonderful, and I love it :luhv: ( obviously -- see my avatar )

It amazes me that the Tec35 would be a 5x guide book. :screwy:

I realize it's a popular book of course but the cover really does nothing for me. (shrug)

I agree but it does. I'd much prefer a #31.

In general it is going to be the classic covers that are still relatively cheap in guide that command the highest multiples of guide - as opposed to the highest amount over guide. Generally the more esoteric (and lower the guide value) the higher those multiples could end up being.

I've seen some crazy multiples for obscure romance books on ebay - and not just for Baker covers. There are some great covers that still haven't been broken out in the guide - but collectors will bid them up when they become available.