• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have to write this about Milehigh before i go crazy...

110 posts in this topic

My Mile High story: I've seen them on eBay for awhile - thought I'd check out his website to see what was listed there. Found a CGC book I was interested in and realized it was also being auctioned at the same time on eBay, but the website price was $32 cheaper (go figure). I purchased it on the website and approximately 5 days later - I received the "we no longer have this comic in inventory" blurb. The auction for this comic then ended on eBay and a few days after that - the comic was relisted again at the same, higher price. I shot them an email asking what was up, and they promptly ended the new auction listing.

I certainly don't trust someone who doesn't have any idea what is in their inventory! I won't bother looking again.

Even if the "mile high" name is expected to make the comic grading worth more, what I don't understand is how they expect to ever sell slabbed copies on ebay for so much more than anyone else on ebay. Don't remember the last specific issue I saw but there were 5-6 available and the one from mile high was an 8.0 or 8.5 and the BIN was several hundred higher than others with 9.0 and 9.2 slabs... :screwy:

Seems to me once it's slabbed then there's no available markup for "reliable grading" from the dealer... 2c

I know, they have a copper age book I was looking for that had already been graded, which even in raw 9.6/9.8 shape goes for $8 to $10. They have a 9.0 copy for $64.

Maybe I should check if it is from the Mile High III collection, The Lost Vault Pedigree.

By the way, have pity. Chuck hurt himself and now has medical bills to pay. Please give to the "CHUCKIE HAS A BOOBOO" Fund - a crooked hand is a terrible thing to waste.

================

FROM THE MILE HIGH 2/7/09 NEWSLETTER

Howdy!

I'm typing a little slower this morning, as I managed to whack the top of my right hand yesterday with the sharp corner of a 2 X 12 board. No lasting damage, but a fair amount of blood, and a little tenderness this morning. My injury was not in vain, however, as I still managed to add yet another layer of completion to the massive shelving unit that I am (re)building in our main warehouse. With any luck, I will be able to install the final bolts and boards to the angle iron frame this afternoon. Once completed, our entire pulling file of 700 long magazine boxes will fit on this one huge shelving unit. That will be a big relief to our inventory team, as we've been grading so many magazine-format comics over the past 90 days that we have boxes scattered all over the warehouse. Being able to collate all 700 of those boxes together into a single magazine-pulling file should make filling orders quite a bit easier.

By the way, have pity. Chuck hurt himself and now has medical bills to pay. Please give to the "CHUCKIE HAS A BOOBOO" Fund - a crooked hand is a terrible thing to waste.

================

FROM THE MILE HIGH 2/7/09 NEWSLETTER

Howdy!

I'm typing a little slower this morning, as I managed to whack the top of my right hand yesterday with the sharp corner of a 2 X 12 board. No lasting damage, but a fair amount of blood, and a little tenderness this morning. My injury was not in vain, however, as I still managed to add yet another layer of completion to the massive shelving unit that I am (re)building in our main warehouse. With any luck, I will be able to install the final bolts and boards to the angle iron frame this afternoon. Once completed, our entire pulling file of 700 long magazine boxes will fit on this one huge shelving unit. That will be a big relief to our inventory team, as we've been grading so many magazine-format comics over the past 90 days that we have boxes scattered all over the warehouse. Being able to collate all 700 of those boxes together into a single magazine-pulling file should make filling orders quite a bit easier.

Come on Bosco have some pity. As you have always said to me "If it wasn't for Chuck there would be no back issue market. He started it all in 1970"

By the way you need to get out of bed and get a job........................

216765411.jpg

Come on Bosco have some pity. As you have always said to me "If it wasn't for Chuck there would be no back issue market. He started it all in 1970"

JD, you are still too much. lol

By the way, you had asked me to get my friend in the music business to have Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran sign that photo for you. Done!

He was a little weirded out where you may have taken this, but did feel anything for one of his female fans. Let me know when you want me to drop it off.

simon_lebon_joe.jpg

I am trying to imagine what 7,000,000 comics look like. I get roughly 28,000 boxes. About 6 boxes fit on a dealer's table, so that is 4000 or so dealer's tables. How many dealers are at the Chicago con? How many tables does each one have? Could it be like all the comics at the Chicago Wizard Convention times four? Does my estimate sound close? Can someone else do better?

Even if one percent of those (70,000) are quality comics the market could be stirred up if they were all put out for sale over a short time.

torpedo_comics had an ebay listing a short while back discussed in another thread. 4 MILLION COMICS.

250 pallets, stacked 40 long-boxes per pallet

I have nothing against any Mile High people personally........but as soon as I see any ebay auction by them........I pass right on to the next thing. Theres just no reason for me to even consider buying anything from them at those prices when I can spend my money on one of about a MILLION other choices