• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

Did any of you notice the Mirage sale on ebay for the NY edition #3. I was really surprised for how much that book went for raw. I think someone is betting that it is going to be the only 9.8 :)

Yup saw that go for over 800. Seemed high, Now Im considering putting my CGC 8.5 up on ebay.

Did any of you notice the Mirage sale on ebay for the NY edition #3. I was really surprised for how much that book went for raw. I think someone is betting that it is going to be the only 9.8 :)

Yup saw that go for over 800. Seemed high, Now Im considering putting my CGC 8.5 up on ebay.

There have been a few sellers trying to sell their CGC NYCC books for months now.

One seller, who has a 8.5 has been trying to get around $800 with no sale

Another, who has a 9.4 has been trying to get around $1,200 with no sale.

Yet Mirage has sold 2 raw books recently. one for around $750, another around $1,200 ironically.

People are taking their chances and placing bets that these books will grade really high I bet.

My NYCC #3 is @ CGC right now (5 weeks now as of today). Still waiting for a grade. I'm expecting no less than 9.4 Hoping for 9.6. I paid $250 a year ago for it.

There have been a few sellers trying to sell their CGC NYCC books for months now.

Yet Mirage has sold 2 raw books recently. one for around $750, another around $1,200 ironically.

People are taking their chances and placing bets that these books will grade really high I bet.

My NYCC #3 is @ CGC right now (5 weeks now as of today). Still waiting for a grade. I'm expecting no less than 9.4 Hoping for 9.6. I paid $250 a year ago for it.

Great score!

Although to be fair, some of the premium might be due to the fact that it is from Mirage directly. It's weird how people get "star struck" on ebay when an item is being sold by the creator.

Incidently, I paid $250 for mine raw earlier this year. Came back an 8.0

Edited by Archon_Turtle

Although to be fair, some of the premium might be due to the fact that it is from Mirage directly. It's weird how people get "star struck" on ebay when an item is being sold by the creator.

Incidently, I paid $250 for mine raw earlier this year. Came back an 8.0

Well people in general do seem to sometimes go a little crazy on file copies.

I bought a raw copy of this book earlier this year for some insane amount of money. I forget how much but it was a lot. The book was described as mint condition, so I was willing to pay up. Once recieved in hand I thought it was around an 8-8.5 at best. Back to the seller that went :)

I might just throw mine up there for $500 and see if there is any interest.

You might be better off starting at $0.99 and setting a reserve. People tend to get thrown off when the price starts high. They become more enthralled when the action of bidding from a low amount comes into play.

2c

Edited by DJB

$500? What grade?

$500? What grade?

CGC 8.5

OK, so i need some opinions

I picked up a copy of #1 first print that looks amazing. Its a signed copy and looks far better than my signed 9.4. It would be a 9.6 for sure, other than on thing I see.

The logo seems almost just a little dirty. There is some slight spekles in it and there T and L seem just slightly off white yellow compared to the rest of the logo. It just not does apear that bright white that my 9.4 copy does.

The paper apears to be off-white or off-white to white (I am not very good at grading page quality) and my 9.4 copy is white pages.

I have owned several copies there where all white pages, so I have not noticed this before, but its so slight I dont think I would have noticed if I need not already own other copies.

Do you guys think this is a concern or common due to the newspaper?Will this hurt the grade?

OK, so i need some opinions

I picked up a copy of #1 first print that looks amazing. Its a signed copy and looks far better than my signed 9.4. It would be a 9.6 for sure, other than on thing I see.

The logo seems almost just a little dirty. There is some slight spekles in it and there T and L seem just slightly off white yellow compared to the rest of the logo. It just not does apear that bright white that my 9.4 copy does.

The paper apears to be off-white or off-white to white (I am not very good at grading page quality) and my 9.4 copy is white pages.

I have owned several copies there where all white pages, so I have not noticed this before, but its so slight I dont think I would have noticed if I need not already own other copies.

Do you guys think this is a concern or common due to the newspaper?Will this hurt the grade?

can you post pictures?