• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

Would a TMNT #4 9.2 be worth buying for around $40? I know nothing about it, but I want a copy. Also, would it be worth the cost to slab it?

I wouldn't consider the best place to put your money. To give you an idea, I recently put a 9.4 #4 in an open auction on ebay...ended at $34, which is right around what I was expecting for it. The price on a #4 doesn't really creep up there until 9.6 or so. I'd say hold out for a 9.4 or pay less for the 9.2. Heck, I wish I'd have known you were looking for one about a week ago when I listed it. lol

As far as grading goes, issues 1-4, Raphael, and Fugitoid are all considered magazine-sized and as such can't be combined with normal modern subs. It'll take longer to come back and cost a little more to get this one graded unless you send it in with a few other magazines.

Are you looking for the issue because you like the cover, are you trying to complete a set, or are you interested in the story?

Would a TMNT #4 9.2 be worth buying for around $40? I know nothing about it, but I want a copy. Also, would it be worth the cost to slab it?

I wouldn't consider the best place to put your money. To give you an idea, I recently put a 9.4 #4 in an open auction on ebay...ended at $34, which is right around what I was expecting for it. The price on a #4 doesn't really creep up there until 9.6 or so. I'd say hold out for a 9.4 or pay less for the 9.2. Heck, I wish I'd have known you were looking for one about a week ago when I listed it. lol

As far as grading goes, issues 1-4, Raphael, and Fugitoid are all considered magazine-sized and as such can't be combined with normal modern subs. It'll take longer to come back and cost a little more to get this one graded unless you send it in with a few other magazines.

Are you looking for the issue because you like the cover, are you trying to complete a set, or are you interested in the story?

Thanks for the info, I'll let this one slide. I personally want the issue (along with 1-3 eventually) because I think the cover art is awesome and the first four issues are symbolic to me in a way.

Thanks Bryan. I've still got the 9.6. The flaw is along the spine right near Splinter's eye. The art makes it difficult to see. I may get it signed. hm

Admittedly, I don't know much about it. However, I remember seeing a few on ebay that claimed to be error variants. It's possible that the yellow plate was left off, but it also could have been very sun-faded. Either way, I've never seen a copy fetch a price worth writing about.

Some killer TMNT books were just announced for the Pedigree May Grand Auction:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 9.8 (!!!!!)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 9.8

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 9.8 (Double Cover)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 9.6 (Variant Cover)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 9.8

Turtlemania Special 1 9.8

Turtlemania Special 1 9.6 (Gold Edition)

Turtlemania Special 1 9.6 (Silver Edition)

The books aren't on the site yet, but I'm sure they'll be up shortly:

http://www.pedigreecomics.com

Going to be real interesting to see what that #1 9.8 goes for hm

Is Telerites selling his copy or did another one get graded that hasn't hit the census yet?

Either way, I'm interested in seeing that and the Gold Turtlemania. Very cool!

Is Telerites selling his copy or did another one get graded that hasn't hit the census yet?

Thats what I was thinking as I did not think he had the rest of these books in his collection, but the census was just updated 2 days ago???

I still can't believe I missed the Turtlemania 9.8 that was for sale on the boards a few years back. I missed it by 20 minutes and the buyer doesn't post anymore. :cry:

Thats what I was thinking as I did not think he had the rest of these books in his collection, but the census was just updated 2 days ago???

According to Schmell, all the books were recently graded - I guess the census will show two copies in 9.8 after the next update.

According to Schmell, all the books were recently graded - I guess the census will show two copies in 9.8 after the next update.

Wow! Thats one heck of a collection to be recently graded. Would love to knew the story about where the came from. Did you happen to ask Doug?