• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

Thanks bud for all the kind words! :shy:

And I can't believe you have another addition! You just keep whipping them out dont you! Congrats to you and your wife. I still remember the excitement when Brody was on the way. For a while there, I wasn't sure if you were more happy about learning you had a boy coming on the way or that I had found a Power Man #84 for you!! :insane:

Congrats again and good luck on this 9.8.

I've recently had an interesting copy of TMNT #1 (1st Print) back from CGC.

It graded an 8.0 W PGS with a CGC notation "Kevin B. Eastman and salutation written on interior cover in marker".

The interesting thing is the salutation, " "Louie, I never would have made it this far if not for the kicks in the butt when I needed them, and the words of confidence. Thanks for everything ! Best always, Kevin B Eastman."

Was there a Louie involved in the original production of TMNT ?

Does anyone have any thoughts on the origin of this copy or who Louie might be ?

TMNT1CGC80W0805.jpg

I've done some searching and may have found out who Kevin Eastman is referring to in the message he wrote in this copy.

I found a great interview in Heavy Metal magazine where Kevin talks about his early influences and working in the restaurant part of a variety store when he was starting out as a freshman in Westbrook, Maine.

Interview with Kevin Eastman - go to Page 3.

The owner would dish out useful advice about life and how to save money by grabbing a snack in the restaurant when he came in on his day off to get his paycheck, "that way it leaves you more money to spend on beer, chicks and your apartment". Louie Audet. lol

I wonder if this could be the Louie that Kevin is referring to ? If so, his "kicks in the butt" could have been one of the early influences in the creation of TMNT by giving a young Kevin Eastman the confidence and work ethic he needed to make things happen. hm

Well, I'm not the winner either and it went for $10,000 grand less than I thought. Double Loser.

Please tell me the PROUD owner is a Boardie. Come out, come out - wherever you are....

Maybe it was Andre, campued1010, :wishluck: I know he loves this book.

I got the Turtlemania Special white edition. And the Gold edition's proof.

God, I wanted the Gold sketch version so bad. But it was clear, with the end price of the 9.2 sale a while back, that this gold wouldn't sell unless it gained over 4 grand in the final moments...an unlikely thing.

By the way, nice to meet you all, very much digitally. ("Cred" info: born in '83. The usual story--Turtles fan my whole life. Toys, comics, posters, cartoon, comics.... :blahblah:

Thanks and thanks! I figured that since I probably will never be able to afford a true gold edition of Turtlemania, the proof is the very best I could do.

I wonder what the sketch was on the back??

What an exciting night for all TMNT fans. To see the granddaddy of them all sold for such a high amount...I think, even though we all (except 1) didn't get it, we can be excited that our passion was respected, and represented, very well tonight.

Edited by advancedpillow

Ok, am I the only one who thinks that $23,000 for the first TMNT #1 9.8 offered for sale was lower than you had envisioned? I might have been off my rocker with $32,000.....but come on, not even $25,000 or 27? I think the buyer made a SMART purchase. I am now officially pissed at myself for not bidding more as I stare at the book.

"Spoon" me in the goat butt!!