• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,381 posts in this topic

Danny,

Too be honest I did not watch it the last three hours cause I ASSumed it would go to $30,000 and out of my price range. So I closed my laptop and walked away cause I really wanted that book so I couldn't bare to watch it. When I opened it after auctions end, I thought it was a glitch and refreshed it.....three times when I put it together, I was so angry and upset I said things that would make a dirty pirate hooker blush. I have been upset at losing out on books before (quite a few, like anybody) but not mad like this one, since it was my own stupid doing.

I finally am cooled down and if I would have kept bidding over Sanj Mitra, than who knows I and the winner might have made it go over the $30,000. At least that is what I tell myself.

I f***ked up - plain and simple. The buyer is a lucky person imho, fantastic job and book - hats off.

Believe me, I am feeling just as torn as you. My bid was good until the last couple of minutes and I had the option to keep going and opted not to much as I wanted to. I also figured I would have had to drop a further $2-3k to have a shot to win which was not comfortable for me.

Just hope the winner is a boardie.

Keep in mind that Gobbledygook has no paperwork. Makes the book a hard sell in my mind. I would expect to buy it at a significant discount from a documented copy...if I was to buy an undocumented copy.

Keep in mind that Gobbledygook has no paperwork. Makes the book a hard sell in my mind. I would expect to buy it at a significant discount from a documented copy...if I was to buy an undocumented copy.

good point.

Danny,

Too be honest I did not watch it the last three hours cause I ASSumed it would go to $30,000 and out of my price range. So I closed my laptop and walked away cause I really wanted that book so I couldn't bare to watch it. When I opened it after auctions end, I thought it was a glitch and refreshed it.....three times when I put it together, I was so angry and upset I said things that would make a dirty pirate hooker blush. I have been upset at losing out on books before (quite a few, like anybody) but not mad like this one, since it was my own stupid doing.

I finally am cooled down and if I would have kept bidding over Sanj Mitra, than who knows I and the winner might have made it go over the $30,000. At least that is what I tell myself.

I f***ked up - plain and simple. The buyer is a lucky person imho, fantastic job and book - hats off.

Believe me, I am feeling just as torn as you. My bid was good until the last couple of minutes and I had the option to keep going and opted not to much as I wanted to. I also figured I would have had to drop a further $2-3k to have a shot to win which was not comfortable for me.

Just hope the winner is a boardie.

You made me feel better, thank-you. BUT, I'm truly sorry for you too though!! It's a jagged pill to swallow with this book. Just like you, I hope it went to Boardie, who holds onto it.

Not totally crazy about the artwork, but it sounds like some good passionate work is coming. Plus....RED BANDANAS! :)

That was my first reaction when I saw the pictures. Although the Eastman variant looks good.

Danny,

Take the $27,000 you didn't spend, and go on an around the world cruise for 6 months. You'll feel better.

Danny,

Take the $27,000 you didn't spend, and go on an around the world cruise for 6 months. You'll feel better.

lol!! Well with a Toddler and six week old that is going to be tough currently, but I can find something I'm sure.

lol!! Well with a Toddler and six week old that is going to be tough currently, but I can find something I'm sure.

$5,000 is for the traveling babysitter. What - do we have to do all the planning for you?

:baiting:

$5,000 is for the traveling babysitter. What - do we have to do all the planning for you?

:baiting:

FYI, I'm married to a brunette......so a blonde babysitter would be nice.

Yeah.....I saw that when Adam posted someone took his place. But does anybody know who "V" is? He or she is a Boardie, which is a good start. But anyone know anything else? It would be nice to know if they really like the Turtles or just had some extra coin to burn and wanted a 9.8.

Yeah.....I saw that when Adam posted someone took his place. But does anybody know who "V" is? He or she is a Boardie, which is a good start. But anyone know anything else? It would be nice to know if they really like the Turtles or just had some extra coin to burn and wanted a 9.8.

Just because you have a CGC registry set doesn't mean that you're a board member (and there's no user by that name registered on the boards) :shrug:

You're right Adam, I misspoke. At least they Register books is what I meant and they might be on the Boards. But yes, this does not constitute them as an Elite CGC "Boardie." (not many people have what it takes. Many ring the bell on the second day. lol!!) Maybe they go by something else on the Boards? More than likely they they aren't on them.

Danny,

Don't beat yourself too much over it. You made a valiant effort and probably a fair assumption. Its true that it could have gone for 30K or even more....or you could got it at $23,000 even... :insane: