• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

Anyone know why the "qualified" TMNT #1 on the Pedigree auction is getting no love? I'm serious; is the color green that offensive to prospective owners? It's clearly signed, at least in the interior, by Eastman and Laird. Collectors can be so frustrating sometimes. This is so silly..I mean stupid. :frustrated:

Full disclosure: I do NOT own this copy. ;)

Anyone know why the "qualified" TMNT #1 on the Pedigree auction is getting no love? I'm serious; is the color green that offensive to prospective owners? It's clearly signed, at least in the interior, by Eastman and Laird. Collectors can be so frustrating sometimes. This is so silly..I mean stupid. :frustrated:

Full disclosure: I do NOT own this copy. ;)

people might be waiting since there is no reserve perhaps?

I suppose so. It's infuriating though the disparity between the blue and green label 9.6's on there though. To be honest, I'm not so sure why I'm so "touched" by this either. (shrug) But I am disgruntled for all 1st print owners. I am very interested to see how this will turn out.

Edited by advancedpillow

What should it sell for?

The last blue label 9.6 on ebay sold for just under 6k. Based on the green label stigma maybe 5-6k. I have actually noticed an overall drop in TMNT 1 prices over the last year on the high grades like 9.2 and above. I think this will change in a year or so and the high grades will realize strong prices again. Mid and low grades are still selling for strong prices though.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the pricing when the property peaks again in a year or two with the new show/movie. Not only will we have new 4th generation fans, but the nostalgia should bring new blood to the adult collector circle as well.

Edited by Archon_Turtle

What should it sell for?

The last blue label 9.6 on ebay sold for just under 6k. Based on the green label stigma maybe 5-6k. I have actually noticed an overall drop in TMNT 1 prices over the last year on the high grades like 9.2 and above. I think this will change in a year or so and the high grades will realize strong prices again. Mid and low grades are still selling for strong prices though.

I was following the last sale of the 9.6 as I was curious what it would sell for. It was an Ebay auction. I did not bid and I think there a number of boardies who would not have bid on a book from the seller of this book. I think that is one reason the final price was a bit lower.

IMHO I believe the Blue label should be a $7k book and the Green should go in the $4.5k range. Then again, I have been wrong plenty of times in the past. :makepoint:

What should it sell for?

I was following the last sale of the 9.6 as I was curious what it would sell for. It was an Ebay auction. I did not bid and I think there a number of boardies who would not have bid on a book from the seller of this book. I think that is one reason the final price was a bit lower.

IMHO I believe the Blue label should be a $7k book and the Green should go in the $4.5k range. Then again, I have been wrong plenty of times in the past. :makepoint:

I think you are right.

What should it sell for?

I definitely thought the green label would have hit 5k. Sold for $3700. Thats less than the average 9.4.

What should it sell for?

I definitely thought the green label would have hit 5k. Sold for $3700. Thats less than the average 9.4.

That seems pretty reasonable ... it also matches what we saw with Bone #1 where a CGC 9.8 Qualified copy sold for less than a CGC 9.6 Universal.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the authenticity of the signatures - no-one in their right mind would doubt that the sigs on the 9.6 Q TMNT #1 are genuine. But people who collect über-high-grade copies of these books are only willing to pay a premium for what they perceive to be the best copies out there - and, as the market shows time & time again, that does not include books that are in a Qualified slab.

Btw, has anyone else noticed that you get more Registry points for a Qualified label TMNT #2 than a Universal label one?

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=4069

And the same is the case for issue #3?

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=4070

For issue #4 you get more than twice as many points for a Qualified copy :screwy:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=4071

Btw, has anyone else noticed that you get more Registry points for a Qualified label TMNT #2 than a Universal label one?

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=4069

And the same is the case for issue #3?

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=4070

For issue #4 you get more than twice as many points for a Qualified copy :screwy:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SlotScoreDetail.aspx?SlotID=4071

You don't say... hm

Unwitnessed signatures, here I come! :idea:

Kidding, of course. I hadn't noticed that before. My guess is it's a byproduct of the score adjustments that took place within the last year. With no qualified copies of 2, 3, or 4 that I know of, I'm not sure it really matters, but it should be an easy fix. I'll put it in the proper registry thread the next time I'm thinking about it. (thumbs u

I ignored the auction altogether based on the seller.

Who was the seller? (shrug)

Bijoubaby05

There was a pretty lengthy discussion about the seller not too long ago, so when I saw the seller id, I lost interest altogether. This particular auction didn't look suspicious, but I try not to support some of the shadier ebay sellers presented here on the boards.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4755952&fpart=1