• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,381 posts in this topic

I ignored the auction altogether based on the seller.

Who was the seller? (shrug)

Bijoubaby05

There was a pretty lengthy discussion about the seller not too long ago, so when I saw the seller id, I lost interest altogether. This particular auction didn't look suspicious, but I try not to support some of the shadier ebay sellers presented here on the boards.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4755952&fpart=1

I dont think these were bijou's I thought they were that "past present future" ebay seller"s. He had these up on ebay.

Edited by rabidwolf

Bijoubaby05

There was a pretty lengthy discussion about the seller not too long ago, so when I saw the seller id, I lost interest altogether. This particular auction didn't look suspicious, but I try not to support some of the shadier ebay sellers presented here on the boards.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4755952&fpart=1

I had no idea that you all actually knew who that TMNT #1 belonged to! And that he's a thief. That answers my previous question as to why it got so little bids.

Edited by advancedpillow

Cool book. Usagi Yojimbo is a solid title. I hope you like it.

Bijoubaby05

I dont think these were bijou's I thought they were that "past present future" ebay seller"s. He had these up on ebay.

I might be mistaken since I can't find both auctions, but I think the guy asking about the sale at $3700 was referring to the Bijoubaby auction whereas Pastpresentfuture (with whom I have no issues) had their 9.6Q up for a BIN OBO. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140547670705&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Bijoubaby05

I might be mistaken since I can't find both auctions, but I think the guy asking about the sale at $3700 was referring to the Bijoubaby auction whereas Pastpresentfuture (with whom I have no issues) had their 9.6Q up for a BIN OBO. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140547670705&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I am pretty sure thats the one that sold on pedigree

Then we are talking about different things. The auctions I'm referring to all took place on ebay.

For anyone who was looking to get one, BeachBum is currently selling copies of the TMNT Ashcan from SDCC. Here's the link:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4946778&gonew=1#UNREAD

just bought a big pile of comics for cheap and came across this, love the cover and cant wait to get into the usagi comics

cover.jpg

It's a great series (thumbs u

How does it compare to the original graphic novels? I started to get into them, and while I haven't picked up any new ones recently, they are very still on my reading list as I thoroughly enjoyed the "medieval Japanese" backdrop Sakai used.

And Adam, the more I keep seeing AC Farley's work, the more and more I kind myself falling into your camp. Eastman and Laird aside, I'm having a hard time coming up with anyone else who put out more solid art on the turtles.

just bought a big pile of comics for cheap and came across this, love the cover and cant wait to get into the usagi comics

cover.jpg

It's a great series (thumbs u

How does it compare to the original graphic novels? I started to get into them, and while I haven't picked up any new ones recently, they are very still on my reading list as I thoroughly enjoyed the "medieval Japanese" backdrop Sakai used.

And Adam, the more I keep seeing AC Farley's work, the more and more I kind myself falling into your camp. Eastman and Laird aside, I'm having a hard time coming up with anyone else who put out more solid art on the turtles.

The graphic novels are reprints of the comic. It started as short stories in Critters and other oddball indies around Circa 1984. Those make up the first volume. After that it was an ongoing series at Fantagraphics since 1986. I think it got to be about 80 issues there. Then it was at Mirage for a short while before ending up at Dark Horse. It's been ongoing since the 80's but easy to jump in at any time. It has a huge cast of characters and some back referencing but can still be picked up on the fly. It's just as good today as it was when I first started reading and one of my all time favorite comics :cloud9: I actually don't have very many of the Mirage issues, I think just #1 and 5 right now. I do plan on having a complete run of the entire series from start to finish though :wishluck:

cover.jpg

http://www.amazon.ca/Usagi-Yojimbo-Special-Stan-Sakai/dp/160699154X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311314625&sr=8-1

a good starting point (note just in case you are blind this is the cdn site )

I got these I need to start collecting the next trades that come after these or hope to hell they put out more omnibus styled books!

Edited by synch

Just got the Overstreet. I cant believe TMNT 1 still does not have a price assigned to it and merely states prices vary widely. On the other hand Gobbledygook 1 and 2 which rarely come up for sale have had prices for years. GG 1 jumped 300% in value from last year by the way.

The registry awards were announced today and I'm proud to say that my TMNT set was awarded the "Best Presented" award along with GI Joe and Locke & Key. :acclaim: Very happy!

The registry awards were announced today and I'm proud to say that my TMNT set was awarded the "Best Presented" award along with GI Joe and Locke & Key. :acclaim: Very happy!

congrats...especially on the TMNT.

Was there REALLY any doubt? :)