• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

Congrats on the #1! A 7.5 is a very solid pickup.

So while looking at my CAF gallery, i realized I had somehow forgotten to post up another piece I have recently picked up, the opening splash to Gobbledygook #2.

GobbledyWATER.jpg

WOW the 8.0 on Comiclink auction went for over $1500

Seems like the clink is the place to sell this book. I think I remember about 2 yrs ago an 8.0 selling on there for like $1300

I am currently looking at a TMNT #2 CGC 9.6 with offwhite pages that was offered up to me for $125. Think GPA was around the $160 range.

Anyone have an opinion on if this would be a good book to grab?

I am currently looking at a TMNT #2 CGC 9.6 with offwhite pages that was offered up to me for $125. Think GPA was around the $160 range.

Based on the GPA figure you mention, the price is a good deal; the more important question is whether you need it for your collection or not. I've never really seen TMNT #2 as being a particularly "strong" book as it relates to the market, so if that's the angle, I'd say no. Guess it mainly depends on what you're looking for.

Based on the GPA figure you mention, the price is a good deal; the more important question is whether you need it for your collection or not. I've never really seen TMNT #2 as being a particularly "strong" book as it relates to the market, so if that's the angle, I'd say no. Guess it mainly depends on what you're looking for.

Thanks for the info.

Not sure what I want but I like TMNT. I dont have it yet though and just have the Archie series ones. Either this or some Joe books. Primarily looking at Copper age books as of late.

How's the Moon Knight collection going Whisp?

I havn't even looked at the latest series or even bought one. Sick of all the variants.

(shrug)

I pretty much cleared out my city of books I needed as well for appearances with the few books coming in here and there.

Why I have been looking for other copper age books to go after. TMNT intrigues me as well as have the goal to complete my Joe set.

If all works out I will be doing data entry for the new online site for the comic shop I work at occasionally. Probably get a bunch of Joe books with my pay :)

#2 is at an other friends store but this store also has a #4 which is one of my favs of the TMNT covers. These books just seem to be popping up so thought might be a good pick up for now while I am waiting for Joe books to appear.

I just bought this off eBay and thought for sure I'd get the TPB version. So much so that I asked a ton of questions and even though the seller assured me this was indeed the Turtles HC I kept thinking I was going to get screwed.

Well today it came and it WAS the HC version. So I now have a copy without paying the $100+ price tag! (thumbs u

Excuse the browning stuff on the book. It's still shrink wrapped and my scanner seems to pick it up as a brown dirty color. Rest assured it's a snow white cover in hand.

sTurtlesHC.png

Edited by whetteon

I just bought this off eBay and thought for sure I'd get the TPB version. So much so that I asked a ton of questions and even though the seller assured me this was indeed the Turtles HC I kept thinking I was going to get screwed.

Well today it came and it WAS the HC version. So I now have a copy without paying the $100+ price tag! (thumbs u

Excuse the browning stuff on the book. It's still shrink wrapped and my scanner seems to pick it up as a brown dirty color. Rest assured it's a snow white cover in hand.

sTurtlesHC.png

very nice