• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

Just read the ashcan. I did not know it would be in color, but I haven't been reading anything on the upcoming series really. I liked it. The coloring is actually good, which is rare for my eyes. The art is pretty good but the perspectives are a little over exaggerated. I think I'll get used to it quickly. The covers for issue 1 don't look that great to me. The turtles shells are humungous and make them look like rollie pollies. The interior art has them a little taller and slimmer like I am used to seeing. The new character was cool. The interview in the back goes into detail about the direction of the series and I think it sounds great. (thumbs u

I just bought this off eBay and thought for sure I'd get the TPB version. So much so that I asked a ton of questions and even though the seller assured me this was indeed the Turtles HC I kept thinking I was going to get screwed.

Well today it came and it WAS the HC version. So I now have a copy without paying the $100+ price tag! (thumbs u

Excuse the browning stuff on the book. It's still shrink wrapped and my scanner seems to pick it up as a brown dirty color. Rest assured it's a snow white cover in hand.

sTurtlesHC.png

What's inside the book? Don't say pages! :kidaround: What issues? In color?

Nice pick-up too!

WOW a TMNT 1 7.0 I was watching on ebay sold for over $1500. The bidding looks legit. I wonder if the new series or upcoming movie/tv shows is pushing the midgrades of this book up. I thought the 8.0 on comiclink for over 1500 was a solid price.

Edited by rabidwolf

I just bought this off eBay and thought for sure I'd get the TPB version. So much so that I asked a ton of questions and even though the seller assured me this was indeed the Turtles HC I kept thinking I was going to get screwed.

Well today it came and it WAS the HC version. So I now have a copy without paying the $100+ price tag! (thumbs u

Excuse the browning stuff on the book. It's still shrink wrapped and my scanner seems to pick it up as a brown dirty color. Rest assured it's a snow white cover in hand.

sTurtlesHC.png

Nice pick-up too!

Not really sure since it's in shrink wrap and I'm hesitant to open it up. hm

WOW a TMNT 1 7.0 I was watching on ebay sold for over $1500. The bidding looks legit. I wonder if the new series or upcoming movie/tv shows is pushing the midgrades of this book up. I thought the 8.0 on comiclink for over 1500 was a solid price.

I was watching it too! It was a very nice 7.0.

It was under $800 until the last 5 seconds, then it exploded. It looks like there was one shill bid, but the underbidder was legit. Looks like a legit sale to me.

Looks like this book is getting hot right now. There is another CGC 8.0 in the Heritage auction as well. I'm curious what it will sell for too.

I'm feeling even better about the CGC 7.5 I picked up at SDCC this year. I was glad to buy it because I've always wanted a copy, but now I feel like I got a deal too.

I was watching it too! It was a very nice 7.0.

It was under $800 until the last 5 seconds, then it exploded. It looks like there was one shill bid, but the underbidder was legit. Looks like a legit sale to me.

Looks like this book is getting hot right now. There is another CGC 8.0 in the Heritage auction as well. I'm curious what it will sell for too.

I'm feeling even better about the CGC 7.5 I picked up at SDCC this year. I was glad to buy it because I've always wanted a copy, but now I feel like I got a deal too.

Thats a nice pick up. This is a great book to have in any condition(even a 3.0). I dont think its like a marvel silver or bronze age book where the higher grades are the only ones sought after. The prices for TMNT 1 in any grade are more uniform.

Love all the great TMNT stuff :headbang:

I just got the Mikey sketch below from Kevin Eastman at SDCC. I can't wait to get it back from CGC...

2011-07-24_13-14-15_441.jpg

I am also looking to purchase a Ninja Turtles #1 1st print. I would like something in the 4.0-6.5 range so please shoot me a PM anytime if you or someone you know may have one for sale.

Thanks!

sTurtlesHC.png

Nice pick-up too!

Not really sure since it's in shrink wrap and I'm hesitant to open it up. hm

This is a cool book, but I'm a big fan of Michael Dooney, so I'm a little biased. Anyway, this book has a series of original stories that are all relatively short. Each one tends to focus on a different character. It's definitely a fun read.

As for the price, this book (the hardcover version) DID once command a $100+ price tag. However, somewhere along the line, someone found a big case of them and sold them off like crazy to the point where they usually only sell for slightly more than the paperback counterpart. In fact, earlier this year the folks at Mirage Studios found some extra copies of this and any fans that ordered the paperback got a free upgrade to the hardcover format.

Definitely a cool book. I'd say you should crack it open and give it a read. (thumbs u

Love all the great TMNT stuff :headbang:

I just got the Mikey sketch below from Kevin Eastman at SDCC. I can't wait to get it back from CGC...

2011-07-24_13-14-15_441.jpg

I am also looking to purchase a Ninja Turtles #1 1st print. I would like something in the 4.0-6.5 range so please shoot me a PM anytime if you or someone you know may have one for sale.

Thanks!

Great sketch!

The particular range of book you're looking for is particularly elusive. So many copies of this book were either destroyed for advertising purposes or neglected and rat chewed/mildewed OR they were pretty well cared-for and exist in 7.0 or higher condition. It's not impossible to find one in the mid-grade range you're looking for, but it may be tough. Good luck!

I didnt know Eastman was at SDCC this year. Was he there ast year?

Yep, he is usually at the Heavy Metal booth where there is usually a long line for him. He is a great guy and a pleasure to meet...

Didnt know. I was there last year and missed him. oh well.