• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

Found a cool TMNT related comic this week at WWChicago...

Independent Comic Book Sampler #1

I am sure you diehards already have it, but was a cool find with Flaming Carrot and TMNT pin-ups in the book!

I tend not to stray too far from the original run, so I've not heard of it. I'd be interested in pics.

Found a cool TMNT related comic this week at WWChicago...

Independent Comic Book Sampler #1

I am sure you diehards already have it, but was a cool find with Flaming Carrot and TMNT pin-ups in the book!

sounds interesting. more info please.

So.. I have been waiting for a LONG TIME for Kevin to show up at NYCC or somewhere near. I searched the exhibitor list, which seems to be finally online. And there's this person:

http://nycc11.mapyourshow.com/5_0/exhibitor_details.cfm?exhid=332308

Think that's him, or am I just being an overexcited stalker?

-Pete

So.. I have been waiting for a LONG TIME for Kevin to show up at NYCC or somewhere near. I searched the exhibitor list, which seems to be finally online. And there's this person:

http://nycc11.mapyourshow.com/5_0/exhibitor_details.cfm?exhid=332308

Think that's him, or am I just being an overexcited stalker?

-Pete

i do no think that is him. they would just list under Heavy Metal.

I still think the signature books shouldn't be counted as CGC 9.8 books because the ink from the sigs will degrade the comic cover over time. I have several books printed on the same paper as the early TMNT books that have been signed and it eventually does bleed through some and cause stains in the inside cover and sometimes the cover page with time. It might not do it on all books but some it will which would make it not a 9.8 book anymore.

While the sigs are great, they're not really hard to come by. I have 5 books in total signed by each of the major TMNT artists and that's enough for me. The rest of my collection I want to be unsigned so I know that they can remain true 9.8 WP books for as long as then can.

Just my two cents. There is some truth to it though despite those that may think that ink won't bleed over time.

I still think the signature books shouldn't be counted as CGC 9.8 books because the ink from the sigs will degrade the comic cover over time. I have several books printed on the same paper as the early TMNT books that have been signed and it eventually does bleed through some and cause stains in the inside cover and sometimes the cover page with time. It might not do it on all books but some it will which would make it not a 9.8 book anymore.

While the sigs are great, they're not really hard to come by. I have 5 books in total signed by each of the major TMNT artists and that's enough for me. The rest of my collection I want to be unsigned so I know that they can remain true 9.8 WP books for as long as then can.

Just my two cents. There is some truth to it though despite those that may think that ink won't bleed over time.

Whether the ink will bleed through over time is dependent on the pen used and the composition of the paper - there are plenty of archival-safe pens on the market that will never bleed through :thumbsup:

TMNT001.jpg

This is a cool forum topic! Here is my first 10 issues missing #9. The #1 on top is a first printing and the one low is a 3rd. 2,3,and 4 are first printings but I'm not sure of the rest. This is a series that I'm going to complete over time and it would be cool to get all printings. The issue #3 variant may be the toughest one to come across but having it is a must...How neat will it be to be able to say "I have the complete collection" (including the rare #1 first print)

TMNT001.jpg

This is a cool forum topic! Here is my first 10 issues missing #9. The #1 on top is a first printing and the one low is a 3rd. 2,3,and 4 are first printings but I'm not sure of the rest. This is a series that I'm going to complete over time and it would be cool to get all printings. The issue #3 variant may be the toughest one to come across but having it is a must...How neat will it be to be able to say "I have the complete collection" (including the rare #1 first print)

Nice :applause:

Without reading all 32 pages of this thread, is there a site that list the various Turtle appearences in other books? I know they are Miami Mice #4, and there is a pinup in Colt #2, as well as what I believe is there first color appearence in an issue of Grimjack, but are there others before the Archie series?

TMNT678.jpg

I scored these today at a flea market. The seller had three long boxes hidden back behind a whole load of junk. I got them for $1 each :headbang: I ended up picking out 14 books, all in pretty close to NM condition, some of which will easily get a 9.8 :cloud9: Was rather surprised that all his good books were bag and boarded :)