• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

He's brought this up before. We get it, he doesn't like SS. I'm not sure why he lets himself become so bothered by what happens to other collector's comics. No matter how much thin logic he types into these screeds, he's not going to convince SS collectors that they are wrong to buy what they like. I've never looked at a signature and thought to myself, "Boy, that sig is really DISTRACTING ME FROM THE ARTWORK.". That's silly.

Adam, that NYCC #3 9.8 makes my heart stop for a second. I had to pinch myself.

Being signed on the front makes it 100 times more impressive!

I live through your collection! I know I would never be able to come anywhere close in my lifetime, with any amount of money.

(worship):headbang:

He's brought this up before. We get it, he doesn't like SS. I'm not sure why he lets himself become so bothered by what happens to other collector's comics. No matter how much thin logic he types into these screeds, he's not going to convince SS collectors that they are wrong to buy what they like. I've never looked at a signature and thought to myself, "Boy, that sig is really DISTRACTING ME FROM THE ARTWORK.". That's silly.

you ever see a stan lee sig? :insane:

I'm not a fan of SS either in most cases, but I can definitely see why some people are into it. It's cool its just not for me.

you ever see a stan lee sig? :insane:

I'm not a fan of SS either in most cases, but I can definitely see why some people are into it. It's cool its just not for me.

Stan sigs. :cloud9:

And that's fine. But you're not about to tell someone that they are wrong for collecting sigs. I went through a phase where I only collected blue labels. Then I went through a phase where everything had to be yellow. Now I like both. Maybe my next project will be purple (shrug) It's all good in the neighborhood.

Posted this on another thread but I guess I might as well post it here. Prelim cover the early 90s super nintendo game by the fabulous artist that did all the konami covers in the early 90s

turtles.jpg

That truly is an impressive grade on that book.

Out of curiosity, do you know the grader's notes for it? What prevented it from being a 10?

It's tough to tell. It's got very sharp edges and the corners look nice, but I think a 10 needs all edges to be razor-sharp...a tough feat for books that admittedly used pretty junky stock in the beginning.

By the way, I'm finally checking out your site (that I found out about from your shirt on FCBD). Very cool! I'd encourage any TMNT fans to do the same!

By the way, I'm finally checking out your site (that I found out about from your shirt on FCBD). Very cool! I'd encourage any TMNT fans to do the same!

Thanks! Appreciate it and glad you find it useful. What you see right now is just the blog part of my site. The full site that will show my entire collection is being built as I type this.

Posted this on another thread but I guess I might as well post it here. Prelim cover the early 90s super nintendo game by the fabulous artist that did all the konami covers in the early 90s

turtles.jpg

That looks great! Forgive me, but I don't know the artist. Who is it?

That's such a great book to get in 9.8 with white pages. I'm just saddened that it's an SS because as you may already know, it won't truly be a 9.8 in another 10 years after that sig ink has stained the pages below. I've been hunting down a universal grade for a while for this book with that rating. Congrats though all the same. It's what matters to you that's important.

beating-dead-horse.jpg

That looks great! Forgive me, but I don't know the artist. Who is it?

Nobody really knows as far as I'm aware. It was just some in-house production artist at Konami.

Edited by Archon_Turtle

I know who it was. And I apologize but I am going to keep that to myself for the time being. The name wouldn't mean anything to you guys anyways as he didn't do comic book work. Fabulous talent talent though, did a lot of the classic contra and castlevania stuff and too many others to mention.

He did three other turtles related pieces, radical rescue, and two ads. I'll post the images at some point here.

this one is disappointing to me (konami golf ad including turtles, blades of steel, bayou billy & defender of the crown) as he was told to tone down the bad*spoon* factor on the turtle in this one. So you don't see his style on the turtles in this one :/ Excuse the poor image. I can't find the ad on the net so I had to take a photo of a slide.

P1000235_zps6727541c.jpg