• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

Yes, that's standard. These books, though not full magazine size (save for Fugitoid), are considered by CGC to be Magazine-sized and need to be submitted under their own invoice.

It's more expensive, but look at the bright side...the magazine tier has not suffered from delays nearly as bad as all other tiers. You'll likely see these ones back much sooner. (thumbs u

TMNT #1 1st, 2nd, and 3rd print

TMNT #2 1st and 2nd print

TMNT #3 1st print and variant

TMNT #4 1st print

Raphael #1 1st print

all get graded as magazine size. (thumbs u

Speaking of Raphael #1, anybody got a CGC 9.8 they are willing to part with?

I just opened a WTB thread. WTB TMNT Raphael #1 CGC 9.8

TMNT #1 1st, 2nd, and 3rd print

TMNT #2 1st and 2nd print

TMNT #3 1st print and variant

TMNT #4 1st print

Raphael #1 1st print

all get graded as magazine size. (thumbs u

Speaking of Raphael #1, anybody got a CGC 9.8 they are willing to part with?

I just opened a WTB thread. WTB TMNT Raphael #1 CGC 9.8

And Fugitoid 1 as previously mentioned.

Good luck in your Raphael 1 9.8 search. It took me a while to get one. There is a boardie RobbieC who has a SS one, but the asking price is higher. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6824802Post6824802

Does the #1 6th print get graded as magazine size?

It sure does. :)

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01-6thPrintSS.jpg

Here's another 2nd print that took me a while to track down. Another great cover...TMNT vs. the Triceratons in the arena. :cloud9:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles06-2ndPrintSS.jpg

Yeah, I agree. A TMNT 1 1st print CGC 8.0 plus a Gobbledygook 1 are included. I would estimate the comics other than GG1 should be worth about $3000 (maybe more), so that makes the GG1 only $4500. Hasn't GG1 gone for more than that in the past?

Edited by woregul

Hasn't GG1 gone for more than that in the past?

Yes. Although this copy has no documentation (despite, based on photos, I'm be confident in saying it's genuine). The copies that sell big are ones with significant documentation.

Been waiting about 5 years for my books to get signed. Special thanks to Adam E, Rich H and Glenn G.

I used to have 13 of these...but when times were rough I had to give them up :cry:

First print, all signed Eastman and Laird!

turtle_fan.jpg

nice :o

i have given up on trying to get a copy...seem like I kept looking for the past 10 years and each time, I thought the price was crazy and then the next time I look, the price was crazier so in hindsight, it wasn't so crazy last year or 2 years ago, etc.. :tonofbricks:

Those are awesome! Great selection of grades, too. High grades are great for holding value and investment but I'm extremely partial to the lower grade copies. They have a certain mystique to them...they've been places.

An extremely nice set !

Been waiting about 5 years for my books to get signed. Special thanks to Adam E, Rich H and Glenn G.

I used to have 13 of these...but when times were rough I had to give them up :cry:

turtle_fan.jpg

Holy :censored: ! That's awesome!

You made a wise choice about which book to hoard!

turtle_fan.jpg

So jealous. I am still trying to get my first TMNT 1 1st edition. Haven't found one in the right price range yet.