• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,386 posts in this topic

Can any of you turtle dudes that scan your CGC Magazine size issues (like tmnt 1-4) suggest an inexpensive scanning/picture solution?

I try to take photos but there's always tons of glare and reflections! A scanner seems better, but an A3 size scanner goes for about $300+! Any tips/tricks/ideas/gizmos?

I use my office copiers...they can scan very large items. You can go to FedEx Kinkos or another printing shop like that and get them scanned as well.

Free Comic Book Day 2013 allowed me to finish a set I started early in 2009. During NYCC 2009, I took the then-new Dark Avengers blank and asked Peter Laird and Steve Lavigne to sketch on and color the front side of the blank.

DarkAvengers1-3RaphaelCasey.jpg

I then took it over to the Heavy Metal booth and had Eastman add Casey to the back. He seemed pretty excited to draw a non-turtle character.

DarkAvengers1-3RaphaelCaseyBC.jpg

Once I got the book back from CGC, I decided that I wanted a complete set from the creators of the TMNT. Little did I know, later that year Laird would sell the property to Nickelodeon and basically retire from the convention scene. :cry:

I decided to hold onto hope and kept going with the project. Over the next few years, I was able to get Eastman to draw the other 3 characters I wanted on the backs of Dark Avengers blanks, the last one being Shredder that I got at Dragon Con last year.

I showed Peter Laird my slabbed sketch and the 3 other partially-completed books and he graciously agreed to complete the set. :banana:

th_DarkAvengers1-1LeonardoShredder.jpgth_DarkAvengers1-1LeonardoShredderBC.jpg

th_DarkAvengers1-2DonatelloSplinter.jpgth_DarkAvengers1-2DonatelloSplinterBC.jpg

th_DarkAvengers1-3RaphaelCasey.jpgth_DarkAvengers1-3RaphaelCaseyBC.jpg

th_DarkAvengers1-4MichelangeloApril.jpgth_DarkAvengers1-4MichelangeloAprilBC.jpg

I tried to pair them up with their logical counterparts.

Leo & Shredder - in most incarnations of the TMNT, it's Leo that tends to have the most personal relationship to the Shredder. In at least 2 versions, it's been Leo that decapitates the Shredder.

Don & Splinter - Splinter seemed equally close to all of his sons for different reasons, so I picked this pairing due to Don's choice to leave his brothers and be with Splinter following the events of City at War.

Raph & Casey Jones - The most obvious pairing. Casey met the turtles through a chance encounter with Raph. Not to mention their similar tempers.

Mike & April - Honestly, not a huge relationship here, but April is easily among the most well-known of the supporting cast.

Why is there a hello! on the golf club? lol

I'm not exactly sure, but Kevin cracked himself up when he drew it. lol

So, last night, my girlfriend told me they were filming, and she had to sign a waiver because she walked through the set.

There was an evil Turtles villain in the street, and she just walked by, nonchalantly.

Dunno if she was supposed to act scared or something, hope she makes it to the movie

:wishluck:

So, last night, my girlfriend told me they were filming, and she had to sign a waiver because she walked through the set.

There was an evil Turtles villain in the street, and she just walked by, nonchalantly.

Dunno if she was supposed to act scared or something, hope she makes it to the movie

:wishluck:

Awesome! Lucky, Lucky man. :wishluck:

I've been wanting one of these animation cels from the original show, for probably over a decade now. I finally acted on one. :cloud9:

Nothing brings back my childhood faster!

Someone just bought an awesome Rat King for like $40. Theres still a couple left on ebay, one of them is a hilarious one with Shredder holding a crowbar in an office(?)! lol

shred.JPG