• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,381 posts in this topic

Here's Casey Jones as Rambo. I don't remember what issue this was. Have to go to each copy and to find out. Pen and ink by Eric Talbot as an interior page (15" X 20").

140693.jpg.916e9e06d057776ee4c1cc89e0d0ff58.jpg

Edited by 4turtles2007

Here's your chance to buy xerox copies of these books. I can't believe PGX would grade these if the front runner CGC wouldn't touch these with a 100 foot pole.

Ebay item number 290963948473

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290963948473?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_178wt_1170 :o

It's at $2,025 and the reserve has not been met yet. A week ago this person wanted $24,000 for the pair. Maybe he wanted to know much people are willing to pay for xerox copies. :screwy:

Personally, I remember a time that me and a few other TMNT fans were looking for these books, I mean books as in comic books. You know the ones that go thru a printing press and colors are added to the books. At the time TMNT #1 was going for $400 and Gobbledygook #1 and #2 were also $400 each. That must have been the mid 1990's. No one ever saw the Gobbledygooks, so no one, including myself, didn't know that they were produced by xerox copying them and then hand stapling them by hand. People thought they were actual comic books until 2004? that Mirage publishing came forward and told everyone that these were not printed the traditional way as all comic books were printed, but were photocopies and hand stapled.

I think the Gobbledygook #1 and #2 gained that high price because people thought they were actual comic books, so the price of these books stayed mostly consisted with the TMNT #1 issue first print. Price guides were also consisted with that as well. I don't know why price guides are listing these as comic books and keeping them in the price guides. Are there other photocopies of books being stapled together by hand in the price guides. If there are i would loike to know and just keep quite about Gobbledygook #1 and #2. To bad the artists didn't number them by hand and then signed them. That would have been better like what they did with the Turtlemania gold editions. You can't go wrong with that.

I'm not trying to bash these Gobbledygooks #1 and #2, and they do belong to be part of TMNT universe, but if CGC can't tell if a copy of Gobbledygook #1 or #2 was the actual photocopies that were produced in 1984, I think I will spend my money on something else, like a real comic book for now.

What do you guys think?

Sorry for the rant. I'm usually not like this. :blahblah:

Just though I'd note that just based on these photos, I'd wager they are authentic. The copier fade appears to be the the proper location, and in the proper tone that I would expect to see from a genuine set. Obviously photos are photos, so your mileage may vary. But they look good to me.

$30,000 for a TMNT #1 first issue. If I had the money I offer $13,000. There were only 3 at 9.8 when one sold for $22,000. Now there's 13 out there at 9.8. Not worth $30,000. Not now for sure. Looks good though by a mile. <3

For Archon_Turtle response about the "copier fade" in the Gobbledygook #1 and #2. I think if a criminal can produce a good looking fake $100 bill nowadays (Episode of American Greed), I think someone can produce a simple Gobbledygook #1 or #2 look a like. With todays computer technology and the printers that are out there, it can be done.