• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

I guess I'm just not understanding the motivation to email him and question his asking price, citing the limited data points of GPA. The free market has a funny way of working itself out.

Some one is selling a set of Gobbledygooks here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOBBLEDYGOOK-1-2-TEENAGE-MUTANT-NINJA-TURTLES-TMNT-EASTMAN-PIC-LETTERS-/130963144383?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e7e02febf#ht_4535wt_1170

For those of you who might want to buy these. He wants $15,000.

For me, I think those letters should have been notarized by a professional.

Just me. :makepoint:

Edited by 4turtles2007

Well put yourself in his shoes. Kevin's kindly agreed to write out this letter for you. Asking Kevin to go to a notary might kibosh the whole deal, that's a significant nuisance for Kevin.

If Dale wants to get his own letter notarized, well that can still be done.

For my part if I was the potential buyer I'd have zero concern about the authenticity of the kevin letter and as a result very little concern about the gooks.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh NO! Notary please!!!! I can write that letter and say it was from him. If I was in Dale's shoes, I would go out and notarize my letter showing my copies of the books, and then I would fake Kevin's letter. What's the difference. I've watched to many shows with fake COA's (certificate of authenticity) and fake signature's.

Then again, if I had a close Uncle, who's a notary, and we can conspire, he can notarize my copy of Kevin's signature as well. So what's real and what's not. A real comic book I guess.

Only way to do it right would be to have a notary with a picture of you and Kevin, and when the Gooks gets passed down to a new owner, another notary with the picture of previous and new owners, and so forth. Really cumbersome I say.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh NO! Notary please!!!! I can write that letter and say it was from him. If I was in Dale's shoes, I would go out and notarize my letter showing my copies of the books, and then I would fake Kevin's letter. What's the difference. I've watched to many shows with fake COA's (certificate of authenticity) and fake signature's.

Then again, if I had a close Uncle, who's a notary, and we can conspire, he can notarize my copy of Kevin's signature as well. So what's real and what's not. A real comic book I guess.

Only way to do it right would be to have a notary with a picture of you and Kevin, and when the Gooks gets passed down to a new owner, another notary with the picture of previous and new owners, and so forth. Really cumbersome I say.

Photoshop your photos mean nothing :D

Well put yourself in his shoes. Kevin's kindly agreed to write out this letter for you. Asking Kevin to go to a notary might kibosh the whole deal, that's a significant nuisance for Kevin.

If Dale wants to get his own letter notarized, well that can still be done.

For my part if I was the potential buyer I'd have zero concern about the authenticity of the kevin letter and as a result very little concern about the gooks.

^^

With all due respect: bah. That's a real letter from Kevin. You're making this a lot more complicated than it is. :foryou:

COAs aren't worth the paper they are printed on. A full page letter in Kevin's very unique and discernable -script? Very nice. Not to mention I can email Kevin a jpg of the letter and ask him if he wrote it. At least I think I can. From what I hear Kevin's pretty approachable and makes a lot of appearances. Plus, some of the boardees know him personally. I bet with a couple pm's and one email to Kevin I'd have provenance that's as good as gold.

WTF do I need to fool around with a notary for when he or she won't know a 'Gook from a hole in the wall. Food for thought.

With all due respect: bah. That's a real letter from Kevin. You're making this a lot more complicated than it is. :foryou:

COAs aren't worth the paper they are printed on. A full page letter in Kevin's very unique and discernable -script? Very nice. Not to mention I can email Kevin a jpg of the letter and ask him if he wrote it. At least I think I can. From what I hear Kevin's pretty approachable and makes a lot of appearances. Plus, some of the boardees know him personally. I bet with a couple pm's and one email to Kevin I'd have provenance that's as good as gold.

WTF do I need to fool around with a notary for when he or she won't know a 'Gook from a hole in the wall. Food for thought.

I know the seller and have no reason to doubt it's authenticity. Totally agree with you Bronty.

I'm looking at the signature from the letter and some of the CGC signatures what Kevin Eastman actually signed. From the letter, Kevin's T is jagged at the bottom and the CGC signatures are not. On the letter of Kevin's signature, the line in the 'K' passes thru, but on his other CGC signatures, they do not. And on the letter, Kevins 'K' is separated from the other signature, but on the CGC sigantures, they are close together.

The letter can be genuine, but I see differences in the signature. Maybe he uses two kinds of signatures. I only use one form of signature, and if I'm tired or not, they usually look the same.

That's why the Gobbledygooks will always be a problem. Maybe you can contact Kevin himself if he is approachable one day and see if did sign the letter. In the meantime, I'll be somewhere in the sewers.

140765.jpg.ebc1e63a77d42a0aad50e3c0b50cd83a.jpg

140766.jpg.04cdf4be762deda3c238d22dc726c03a.jpg

140767.jpg.efd1dba41f45053845352617931b61c7.jpg

140768.jpg.9919e0159e3e2a4a409b50a5f5239036.jpg

I'm looking at the signature from the letter and some of the CGC signatures what Kevin Eastman actually signed. From the letter, Kevin's T is jagged at the bottom and the CGC signatures are not. On the letter of Kevin's signature, the line in the 'K' passes thru, but on his other CGC signatures, they do not. And on the letter, Kevins 'K' is separated from the other signature, but on the CGC sigantures, they are close together.

The letter can be genuine, but I see differences in the signature. Maybe he uses two kinds of signatures. I only use one form of signature, and if I'm tired or not, they usually look the same.

That's why the Gobbledygooks will always be a problem. Maybe you can contact Kevin himself if he is approachable one day and see if did sign the letter. In the meantime, I'll be somewhere in the sewers.

He's standing behind the letter right here:

Image%202013.08.28%206%3A12%3A05%20PM.png

Let me guess - you think the moon landing was fake as well?