• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,370 posts in this topic

I see!

So I know the far left print along the top is by Jason Flowers. Then there's the 2012 SDCC print from the new TV show that I presume you got from me. I'm unfamiliar with the next homage over. It kinda looks like the original 80's cartoon figures in the classic pose. Then there's the #50 with the colored bandanas that I don't think I've seen before. Do you have any details about those 2?

Correct on the Flowers and SDCC prints.

The cartoon figures pose I found on the Technodrome forums. I can't recall the name of the artist but he was printing them up and selling them over there so I snagged one.

The #50 pose is a print of Laird's cover than someone named William Egil watercolored by hand. I actually won it in an ebay auction. It looks nice in person.

We need better pics of them :sumo:

Great stuff! (thumbs u

This guy keeps lowering then raising the price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-3-Cover-Variant-CGC-9-8-TMNT-White-Pages-1-Print-/300980249407?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4613d2233f#ht_177wt_917

someone told him this was as valuable as a #1 9.6!! glad his source "his friend who collects TMNT" knows his stuff...

Hey guys. Picked up a second edition Turtles 1 at NYCC and got it signed and remarked by Eastman and also got this little guy

10276334664_6113c32ac7_b.jpg

Donnie will always be my favorite :)

O and I got to see and hold a real Goobledygook #2

10258617814_daa3d2a2e4_b.jpg

I hate seeing this thread fall to the second page, so here's one I haven't posted before. (I don't think).

I know it gets mixed reviews, but I'm a fan of the 2007 TMNT movie. I thought this was a cool homage:

TMNTSneakPeekSSDoubleSig.jpg

Thanks!

Switching gears, has anyone played the new TMNT: Out of the Shadows game. I've got to tell you, I LOVE it. I think any TMNT fan will recognize at least a few of the homages to the turtles throughout the years.

While the designs for the turtle heads aren't my favorite, you could tell they were going for a more "realistic" portrayal of the turtles by giving more jagged edges on the head instead of the common rounded look. As for the bodies, I think they look pretty good. It's like they merged the nuances of the new cartoon (relative heights, Donnies gap tooth, Raph's cracked shell, etc.) with the look of the original live action movie. The shells look like the live action movie and I believe that's one of the only times Raph and Mike stored their weapons at their sides instead of the front or back.

Even the moves are pulled from different source material. Raph and Mike can do a team "bowling ball" attack like they did in the first movie, Mike gets on his back and spins with nunchucks out (wheel of fortune from the live action movie), and they even team up and crush bad guys between their shells like they did in the movies along with the 4-way hive five (or high three).

The title screen has the turtles in the traditional #1 cover pose on the rooftops and plays the T-U-R-T-L-E Power song. Hooked me right away. You can unlock "classic mode" which lets you play the game in black and white like the original comics. You can also put in a code to give all the turtles red bandanas just like the comics.

There's also quite a bit of banter between the turtles as you go through the game. There are some cool references there:

• One of the bosses is a "Cerberus Mouser" (a big mouser with 3 heads). Mikey says that's a dumb name because "it doesn't look anything like an aardvark...a clear reference to Cerebus the Aardvark who made an appearance in TMNT #8
  • During that same fight, Mikey says "Giant Robots! I called it!" Someone else retorts: "What'd you expect, a samurai rabbit?" A reference to Usagi Yojimbo.
  • Don will sometimes say to Raph: "I had a dream, and in that dream, my voice was coming out of your mouth". This refers to the voice actor who did Raph's voice in the original cartoon series doing Don's voice in the new series.

I'm sure there are plenty of others, but I'll leave it at that. If you haven't yet, check it out. It's pretty short but has pretty good replay value.

Those are great! And don't sweat the grades. The issues you posted are some of the toughest from the run. The #32 2nd print is nearly impossible to find. At a 9.0, you've got my best beat. (worship)

That number #28 is another tough one. I haven't checked the census lately, but it was one of the last issues to have a 9.8...it may still not have one.

Great haul!