• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,277 posts in this topic

Has anyone ordered directly from Mirage recently? There are quite a few back issues available but due to "ramping down" they mention shipping may take 4-8 weeks which is pretty long. Just wondering if it does indeed take that long or if people have been getting them quicker?

Thanks!

I haven't ordered in the last year but they've had that "ramping down" message on there for years. I've never had any of my orders through them ever take longer than 4 weeks to be delivered though....and most times it was within 2 weeks or less.

I have ordered a few times from Mirage. Don't expect perfect books as they sometimes ship books without bags/boards and the books just put into a box. Not always though as I have received orders that were packed nicely, so it's hit or miss. The books were still not NM, mostly VF-NM. They do tend to include some freebies like prints and/or free comics. The order never took 8 weeks for me either. However I have not ordered in probably two years.

I did just find that I do not even have a complete volume 1 set as I am missing most of the issues between 32-49, and Mirage has most of those except for a couple, so I may be placing an order with them soon.

So long, Shellback. I'm going to miss these cool 11x17 limited prints. Just snagged a sign-off one. I know I'm late to the party.. :insane:

signoff%202016%20print_zpszk5fvtws.jpg

:(

Such sad news. Won't ever get the chance to visit the states and drop by to say g'day to Steve and the gang.

Nice print though, just a bit sad thinking about the closure.

I made an order yesterday from Mirage so we shall see how long it takes!

Also had a nice mail day yesterday, really stoked about the personalized copy. Kevin's fan club really went out of their way to make it happen and I am incredibly grateful:

owumT2L.jpg

GeI3cdl.jpg

eBay seller coopjacko aka Steve Lavigne has several iron-on's in one day auctions if anyone is interested. Here is my favorite one:

tmnt iron-on

Fugitoid iron on does exist! First I've ever seen one.

First I've seen (or even known about) Fugitoid and the Turtles logo with blood/red on it.

Would love to grab some of these but alas...too pricey.

EDIT: And...the 3 I had my eye on (Fugitoid, Donatello, and Michaelangelo) have now ended early with no buyer. My guess is someone contacted Steve and made a deal off-eBay. Should have done so myself....oh well :(

Edited by rich_TMNT

Hi Guys

I finally got around to scanning this baby. I spent alot of hours and time emailing different folks regarding this book until I finally got in touch with a family member of peter and he was kind enough to part with this copy. This book was peter lairds first comic he made while in college.

bf%20001_zpsb8e6ptuq.jpg

bf%20bc%20001_zpsarm0dvhs.jpg

Enjoy

That's a really cool book. Love the staples in the cover...that's a truly home-made book! One of my Gobbledygook sets has staples in the cover like this. Congrats on picking this up.

Were you able to get pics of the interior pages before getting it slabbed?