• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,277 posts in this topic

Hi fellow TMNT fans, I'm new here and enjoying these threads. TMNT was my entire childhood, then I got away from it for awhile, and recently got hooked on comics and back into the world of TMNT!

I was wondering if anyone knows the best way for me to obtain personalized Eastman/Laird signed comics and/or sketches? I just want raw signed copies for me to cherish. I see Eastman is at a con this weekend, is anyone here going to that signing by chance? For Laird, it seems he is done with signings.. has anyone had any luck with mail-ins or anything for him?

I signed up on Eastman's Fan Website, but have yet to get any response out of them. (Not too impressed with the membership stuff so far)

I am also in the market for raw, lower end:

TMNT #1 3rd Print

TMNT #2

TMNT #3

TMNT #4

TMNT #5

Raphael #1

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I signed up on Eastman's Fan Website, but have yet to get any response out of them. (Not too impressed with the membership stuff so far)

Did you buy a membership to the Kevin Eastman Fan Club? If you did and haven't heard from them that would not be typical...they are usually very responsive. How long since you signed up?

Did you buy a membership to the Kevin Eastman Fan Club? If you did and haven't heard from them that would not be typical...they are usually very responsive. How long since you signed up?

Yeah I did. I tried to contact them on Oct 28th and never got a response, I then signed up for the membership early last week (hoping there would be some sort of "personalization" or "mail-in" option) and still haven't heard anything. I also left a comment which has yet to be approved, so it seems like whoever runs it (which I believe is his wife?) just hasn't been on this month yet. Not a huge deal, I'm sure he's a busy man and has a show this weekend. But I was hoping to get some sort of response.

I'm going to e-mail them again for the heck of it. I believe "comicsandponies" was taking consignments for the show this weekend, but I have not heard back from them via PM so if anyone else is going please LMK!

Edited by ryan1125

Yeah I did. I tried to contact them on Oct 28th and never got a response, I then signed up for the membership early last week (hoping there would be some sort of "personalization" or "mail-in" option) and still haven't heard anything. I also left a comment which has yet to be approved, so it seems like whoever runs it (which I believe is his wife?) just hasn't been on this month yet. Not a huge deal, I'm sure he's a busy man and has a show this weekend. But I was hoping to get some sort of response.

I'm going to e-mail them again for the heck of it. I believe "comicsandponies" was taking consignments for the show this weekend, but I have not heard back from them via PM so if anyone else is going please LMK!

Kevin's wife doesn't manage the Fan Club. It's his manager Fiona. Maybe she's traveling...I'll try to find out.

EDIT: Just talked to Fiona and she's been traveling but does have your Fan Club items shipping out tomorrow Nov. 10. She apologizes for any delay...she typically gets orders out within 2 business days. The only message she can find from you was from this morning just about an hour or so ago and she's responded to that. Not sure what might have happened to the Oct. 28 message you mentioned above.

I'm not heading to any of Kevin's upcoming shows...sorry I can't be of more assistance there.

Edited by rich_TMNT

I did get a response from Fiona to my e-mail from this morning::

"Thank you Ryan for your email inquiry and for your Membership which will be mailed out to you tomorrow. Unfortunately we do not offer the personalized signing service you asked about. Concerns over damage to prized possessions do not allow us to make this option available.

Kevin makes many many convention appearances throughout the year and would be happy to sign the book if you or a friend were to bring it to a show. Here's a link to the remaining 2016 shows: http://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/?page_id=487 "

A bit of a bummer, not sure I understand how adding "To Ryan" to a signed comic raises any more concerns for the item being damaged than just a normal signed one would. (I would argue the normal signed one is actually more valuable lol). It would be a great perk of being a member to have this option, even if it just gets added to his stack at the next show he does. But o'well. I'll just have to find a facilitator at some point soon.

Thanks for the help Rich!

Edited by ryan1125

I did get a response from Fiona to my e-mail from this morning::

"Thank you Ryan for your email inquiry and for your Membership which will be mailed out to you tomorrow. Unfortunately we do not offer the personalized signing service you asked about. Concerns over damage to prized possessions do not allow us to make this option available.

Kevin makes many many convention appearances throughout the year and would be happy to sign the book if you or a friend were to bring it to a show. Here's a link to the remaining 2016 shows: http://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/?page_id=487 "

A bit of a bummer, not sure I understand how adding "To Ryan" to a signed comic raises any more concerns for the item being damaged than just a normal signed one would. (I would argue the normal signed one is actually more valuable lol). It would be a great perk of being a member to have this option, even if it just gets added to his stack at the next show he does. But o'well. I'll just have to find a facilitator at some point soon.

Thanks for the help Rich!

Glad to assist, Ryan. From her response, I think Fiona maybe is referencing the signing of a comic you'd send to her...something you currently own...and not something she'd be sending as part of the Fan Club membership. Because the KE Fan Club offers signed items...and we've all received them previously. Just a thought.

Additionally, I think the main thing limiting a personalized signature from Kevin would be the fact that Fiona is Northampton (east coast) and Kevin is in LA (west coast). All the items she has in possession would either be pre-signed by Kevin or raw...but getting something custom-signed "To Ryan" would require her to send to Kevin, then Kevin to send back to her... so I can understand why they wouldn't offer this from a pure logistics standpoint. But Kevin is very approachable and gracious with signatures at all his shows...you'd have no issue getting an item or two signed if you attended.

Additionally, I think the main thing limiting a personalized signature from Kevin would be the fact that Fiona is Northampton (east coast) and Kevin is in LA (west coast). All the items she has in possession would either be pre-signed by Kevin or raw...but getting something custom-signed "To Ryan" would require her to send to Kevin, then Kevin to send back to her... so I can understand why they wouldn't offer this from a pure logistics standpoint.

Ah that makes sense. I didn't realize the fan club was ran out of a completely different location. I just assumed it was ran from his personal studio because of how many unique original items are available.

I think "comicsandponies" is going to hook me up this weekend, so hopefully next week I'll have something cool to post!

Well darn, I guess the signing this past weekend was chaotic/disorganized and Kevin did not get around to doing my sketch which is a major bummer... was totally looking forward to that.

On a more positive note, I did manage to pick up some of my needs from woregul over the weekend. (Awesome pick-up above by the way!)

I sent Peter Laird a TTM request... keeping my fingers crossed on that one. I'll update if I get it back.

In the meantime, I am still looking for a #2 first/second print in raw/reader condition. I am also interested in picking up larger lots of 12-62 from the original Mirage run. First prints.

LMK!

Edited by ryan1125

Side question, at shows does Kevin typically add the "headsketch" on every signature, or do you have to request it?

Cool book!

Years ago, when he wasn't charging for signatures, he would typically do a headsketch on every book unless there was a very large line he was trying to get through. Then he'd change it to the first book or two would have sketches and the rest wouldn't. No hard and fast rule, just my observation.

Now that he's charging for signatures, he seems to put a small sketch on just about everything. He's done about a million in his lifetime, so it doesn't take him long. I think it's a nice touch.

Now that he's charging for signatures, he seems to put a small sketch on just about everything. He's done about a million in his lifetime, so it doesn't take him long. I think it's a nice touch.

Yeah I love it, and would definitely want him to do it on anything I had him sign!

Do you or Rich happen to recall him having any Black Friday sales on his website in previous years?

Yeah I love it, and would definitely want him to do it on anything I had him sign!

Do you or Rich happen to recall him having any Black Friday sales on his website in previous years?

I don't recall a Black Friday sale at Kevin's site last year but, as others have stated, he may have had one. I know Jetpack usually does one though and their TMNT variants are usually heavily discounted.

Has anyone ordered directly from Mirage recently? There are quite a few back issues available but due to "ramping down" they mention shipping may take 4-8 weeks which is pretty long. Just wondering if it does indeed take that long or if people have been getting them quicker?

Thanks!

Has anyone ordered directly from Mirage recently? There are quite a few back issues available but due to "ramping down" they mention shipping may take 4-8 weeks which is pretty long. Just wondering if it does indeed take that long or if people have been getting them quicker?

Thanks!

I haven't ordered in the last year but they've had that "ramping down" message on there for years. I've never had any of my orders through them ever take longer than 4 weeks to be delivered though....and most times it was within 2 weeks or less.

Edited by rich_TMNT