• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

My board name comes from the UK Marvel Avengers annual from 1977 (a reprint of GS Avengers1) featuring Nuklo and The return of The Whizzer. Loved that story as a kid.

Somehow, all my Marvel annuals got chucked out and I keep meaning to replace them. :tonofbricks:

My board name comes from the UK Marvel Avengers annual from 1977 (a reprint of GS Avengers1) featuring Nuklo and The return of The Whizzer. Loved that story as a kid.

Somehow, all my Marvel annuals got chucked out and I keep meaning to replace them. :tonofbricks:

I remember that annual, I picked it up at a car boot sale as a kid in the early eighties. I'd never read many Avengers stories from that period at the time.

I remember that annual, I picked it up at a car boot sale as a kid in the early eighties. I'd never read many Avengers stories from that period at the time.

Yep, great stuff. And I think the Avengers became my favourite team as a result of that story.

I remember being bought the Annuals (especially the Avengers ones) each Christmas

Just picked up the 1987 Marvel Super Hero Omnibus which uses Avengers 221 as a template. Will try get round to posting it later.

Neil

Hello chaps,

I haven't disapeared off the face off the earth but I've been snowed under with work stuff for the last few months.

Anyway hope you are all enjoying a great start to 2012. All the best!

Dai

P.S What have I missed?

Hello mate, wondered what happened to you!

You coming along to the London con at the end of Feb?