• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

What is everyone after at the show, I am hoping for loads of HG Marvel bronze, maybe some of the more obscure titles, 1 or 2 HG Marvel silver and plenty of Marvel B+W magazines that nobody else gives to about.....Oh! And my bags and boards from Hotflips.

What the ? Where did everyone go? (shrug)

After some technical glitches I'm back.

Very similar to you in that my main focus will be relatively HG bronze age plus bags and boards. Looking at early Defenders issues (#10 in particular) plus Byrne era UXM. As for DC I'll be after some nice Jim Aparo stuff!

Quick question: did David LLoyd do the cover art for any issues of Warrior Mag? I'm trying to find something to get him to sign.

Thanks.

Hope this helps

David Lloyd

Thanks for the link (thumbs u. Weird though, because it gives David LLoyd a cover credit for Warrior # 11, but according to Dez Skinn who is selling a NM copy on ebay, the cover was by Gary Leach. Confused.com (shrug)

I is here.

I've not really got a hit list for LSCC as baby seriously impacts on spending.

On top of the NM UXM 128 I'm buying from Bedrock to be signed by Stan and George, I'm hoping to find a few 9.8 copper UXM's for my ever growing collection as well as a Preacher 1 9.8

I'll prob try and pick up a few more '68 Silver Surfer's in mid grade as I've got a lot of love for that series.

I've been thinking about a nice piece of OA for a while. Not sure there will be anything in my price range on sale but I'll still be on the lookout.

As for après con, I'll be sat waiting for months on end for my Sigs and subs to come back from CGC like everyone else.

Just had a mail from Jock as I was enquiring about a commission but he's not accepting at the mo so will try and get a couple of sketches on the day. The Batman sketch on his site is very sweet.

Finally, we Brit's can put all those blank covers we've been picking up to use.

Anyone know if Bisley is sketching or just signing. I've got a sweet DHP Aliens 1 with a shout at 9.8 which is just crying out for his sig.

Quick question: did David LLoyd do the cover art for any issues of Warrior Mag? I'm trying to find something to get him to sign.

Thanks.

Hope this helps

David Lloyd

Thanks for the link (thumbs u. Weird though, because it gives David LLoyd a cover credit for Warrior # 11, but according to Dez Skinn who is selling a NM copy on ebay, the cover was by Gary Leach. Confused.com (shrug)

hm That is confusing but I suppose Dez Skinn would be in the know (shrug)

Thanks.

Hope this helps

David Lloyd

hm That is confusing but I suppose Dez Skinn would be in the know (shrug)

Yep, exactly what I thought, oh well, I'll think of something. Cheers.

I is here.

I've not really got a hit list for LSCC as baby seriously impacts on spending.

On top of the NM UXM 128 I'm buying from Bedrock to be signed by Stan and George, I'm hoping to find a few 9.8 copper UXM's for my ever growing collection as well as a Preacher 1 9.8

I'll prob try and pick up a few more '68 Silver Surfer's in mid grade as I've got a lot of love for that series.

I've been thinking about a nice piece of OA for a while. Not sure there will be anything in my price range on sale but I'll still be on the lookout.

As for après con, I'll be sat waiting for months on end for my Sigs and subs to come back from CGC like everyone else.

Just had a mail from Jock as I was enquiring about a commission but he's not accepting at the mo so will try and get a couple of sketches on the day. The Batman sketch on his site is very sweet.

Finally, we Brit's can put all those blank covers we've been picking up to use.

Anyone know if Bisley is sketching or just signing. I've got a sweet DHP Aliens 1 with a shout at 9.8 which is just crying out for his sig.

how difficult is it to get sketches on our blank covers?? i guess they will charge for these?

What is everyone after at the show, I am hoping for loads of HG Marvel bronze, maybe some of the more obscure titles, 1 or 2 HG Marvel silver and plenty of Marvel B+W magazines that nobody else gives to about.....Oh! And my bags and boards from Hotflips.

Just had my memory jogged in another thread so will now also be keeping my eyes peeled for 'Tales of the Zombie' Mags :devil:

I won't be setting up this year at the show as I'm only just setting up in business as "The Comic Box" but I can bring some stuff if anyone wants anything that I'm selling. Already bringing my slabbed Iron Man # 1 along as a US boardie has agreed to buy it and I've got about 15,000 more comics to sell. hm

I won't be setting up this year at the show as I'm only just setting up in business as "The Comic Box" but I can bring some stuff if anyone wants anything that I'm selling. Already bringing my slabbed Iron Man # 1 along as a US boardie has agreed to buy it and I've got about 15,000 more comics to sell. hm

got a X-Men 1 or Grimm Fairy Tales 1?

got a X-Men 1 or Grimm Fairy Tales 1?

Sorry, nope. :(

Got an FF # 1, Avengers # 1, Daredevil # 1 and a Spawn # 1. (shrug)

Hi Gaz

Good luck with setting up the business, be sure to tell us UK boardies when you have everything up and running.

cheers

Dai

Thanks Dai.

I've signed up to a web host but unfortunately, I'm really crarp with computers so it may take me a while. Andrew (Comicopolis) and I still have the Comicopolis web store up and running at the moment but we'll be pursuing our own comic selling ventures.