• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Anyone going to the Leeds Comic Art tomorrow?

Haven't been to a mart in Leeds for about 22 years so should be interesting.

I think that Henry mentioned that he's going didn't he? I think that Sumyra's setting up there.

anyone here doing Kapow? looking at it for a day out in north london. also anyone here go to London Comic Mart? not been for ages, looking at next one to see if its worth me setting up there in future

I doubt that I'll go to Kapow this year, I went last year and there doesn't seem any point I going after having been to LSCC especially since they put their ticket price up this year.

I'm planning to set up at the Royal National later in the year for the first time in four or five years. I'd be interested in knowing how the show is doing since being under new management.

The north of England seems to have more regular marts than down south?

Are they any good?

No. They suck.

Newcastle mart was good back in the early 90's when it was held in the blackfriars hall, then it turned into more of a card mart, so I stopped going.

I agree with you.  In retrospect, the Manchester comic marts organised by Golden Orbit were actually very good in the early 90s.  I gave up on them back in 2006, couple of years before joining the boards.  Tedious and repetitive. 

anyone here doing Kapow? looking at it for a day out in north london. also anyone here go to London Comic Mart? not been for ages, looking at next one to see if its worth me setting up there in future

I doubt that I'll go to Kapow this year, I went last year and there doesn't seem any point I going after having been to LSCC especially since they put their ticket price up this year.

I'm planning to set up at the Royal National later in the year for the first time in four or five years. I'd be interested in knowing how the show is doing since being under new management.

Hey Garry & Arsenalherd

Let us know when you are setting up and I'll try to pop along (thumbs u

Dai

Well the Leeds mart was ok.

Didn't buy much - a few Miracleman and a couple of Warrior mag.

Saw Henry there.

Silver Acre and the usual suspects were there.

The 50p bins at every stall were junk of course but usually I can find something in there but didn't get thing from this time.

One stall had a nice AF15 cgc4.5 but it was £4200 which I didn't have on me so I passed on it

Edited by nmtg9

Didn't see their name.

Also had TTA 92 slabbed I think plus some nice silver age and bronze minor keys.

Their fifty pence boxes were all messed up - no alphabetical so I didn't spend much time looking through them because of the chaos. Ha

Re Kapow!, I'd only consider going this year if they had more dealers, as that's all I'm really interested in. Anyone know if Nick is setting up?

Well, he hasn't actually told me but I think it's safe to say that he won't be setting up there.

One stall had a nice AF15 cgc4.5 but it was £4200 which I didn't have on me so I passed on it

i wonder if that person was they same ones opposite Nick last week, they had the same thing

Wasn't it Scott's Collectables set up opposite to Nick?

I know they set up at some of the shows in the Northern direction as Andrew sold to him at one of them.

Well the Leeds mart was ok.

Didn't buy much - a few Miracleman and a couple of Warrior mag.

Saw Henry there.

Silver Acre and the usual suspects were there.

The 50p bins at every stall were junk of course but usually I can find something in there but didn't get thing from this time.

You should have bought it.

i wonder if that person was they same ones opposite Nick last week, they had the same thing

Wasn't it Scott's Collectables set up opposite to Nick?

I know they set up at some of the shows in the Northern direction as Andrew sold to him at one of them.

think your right Gaz

I think it was Scott's Collectables

OT - Darren, those Bat books are on their way however I forgot to include the scan disk, it'll follow 1st class

Back On Topic.

I stopped going to the Golden Orbit marts several years ago. They are great if you are after low grade readers (I managed to pull the entire run of Animal Man for about £30 once).

After my slight overspend at LSCC, I'll be giving Kapow (And the rest) a miss in 2012. I'm already saving for LSCC 2013 :whee:

I think it was Scott's Collectables

OT - Darren, those Bat books are on their way however I forgot to include the scan disk, it'll follow 1st class

Back On Topic.

I stopped going to the Golden Orbit marts several years ago. They are great if you are after low grade readers (I managed to pull the entire run of Animal Man for about £30 once).

After my slight overspend at LSCC, I'll be giving Kapow (And the rest) a miss in 2012. I'm already saving for LSCC 2013 :whee:

Should be going to the Hudderfield Giants V Wigan Warriors game the night before so might pop along to the Golden Orbit Mart in Sheffield on 19th of May for a browse hm

I don't plan on going back to Royal National anytime soon.

And as someone else said, after LSCC who wants to go to Kapow anyway, especially after Gaz was telling me it was over crowded for the space they had last year.

Not for me.

And as someone else said, after LSCC who wants to go to Kapow anyway, especially after Gaz was telling me it was over crowded for the space they had last year.

Not for me.

I won't be going to Kapow as I'll be Up north...I have a feeling it will be alot quieter this year due to LSCC being such a hit earlier in the year. 2c

Not for me.

I won't be going to Kapow as I'll be Up north...I have a feeling it will be alot quieter this year due to LSCC being such a hit earlier in the year. 2c

Also, Kapow have put up their entry prices this year and are pricier than LSCC.