• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

1 djc81s Destroyers 228

2 DCs Marvels 196

3 Dynamo Albion 184

4 Balham-s Finest 174

5 Gazzas 11 170

I finished 3rd with a late push but too little too late. Well done to the clear winner Mr Clout :golfclap:

:acclaim:

1 djc81s Destroyers 228

2 DCs Marvels 196

3 Dynamo Albion 184

4 Balham-s Finest 174

5 Gazzas 11 170

I finished 3rd with a late push but too little too late. Well done to the clear winner Mr Clout :golfclap:

Well done to the winner - but man, the rules sucked on this game! The transfer system was so restrictive I guess most people ended up with redundant players that they couldn't get rid of. There we go - that's my excuse!

Oh well - at least I won my league on the official fantasy game site!

Next time...

Yeah, I think that anyone who has sold at comic shows before has encountered many kinds of customers. Lots of rude and/or ignorant people buying comics out there.

I did comic shows for 18 years, man and boy. Hardest job in the world.....

Seriously, most customers are generally fine. Rather a few do ask for a considerable discount on books that are already listed at half guide, but there you go. There's the odd one or two who do make life difficult, certainly. And then there's the odd nightmare, which thankfully is not too frequent.

I have tales of thievery & death threats.

I think it's time to hear a few stories. ;)

Spidey Sense

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Goldust40

Deanokeeno

Comicopolis

Collector Bill

Max Carnage

DCMan

chromium

T3quila

djc81

Osborn_fr

songsaboutclouds

Boozad

Marmat

hesdeadjim

He11blazer

Peter in Portugal

Herc2000

Kenners

cryptkeeper

Romain

Anfield Fox

EwanUK

StarkEnterprises

Maccai3

comicfangermany

radjack

Borg

Another member to add for August :headbang:

Yeah, I think that anyone who has sold at comic shows before has encountered many kinds of customers. Lots of rude and/or ignorant people buying comics out there.

I did comic shows for 18 years, man and boy. Hardest job in the world.....

Seriously, most customers are generally fine. Rather a few do ask for a considerable discount on books that are already listed at half guide, but there you go. There's the odd one or two who do make life difficult, certainly. And then there's the odd nightmare, which thankfully is not too frequent.

I have tales of thievery & death threats.

I think it's time to hear a few stories. ;)

Patience Capt.

Now these were told to me via my mate so names will be changed to protect identitys. I always told him he should have written a book.

Will post one or two later.

Here's one to tide you over which I always found amusing.

During the boom of the early 90s, my mate started selling other things comic & film related, posters, post cards, pins, badges, statues, models, anime/manga stuff etc.

One day, guy comes into the shop, browsing. The shop was not huge and during the early 90s you used to have people lined up out the door waiting to get their new comics.

So this guy picks up a statue or model kit, probably £70 at the time. He then runs out of the shop and out into the main street.

My mate follows him and spots where he is heading, so he runs around the corner and back along the street this guy will come out to. My mate slows to a walk as he spots the guy coming toward him. The guy has slowed down figuring he's got away with it and starts to inspect the item he has stolen.

As my mate nears him, he picks up speed, snatches the item out of the guys hands saying "Thanks!" and runs back to his shop leaving the guy standing in the street going WTF! lol

Edited by Bane

During the boom of the early 90s, my mate started selling other things comic & film related, posters, post cards, pins, badges, statues, models, anime/manga stuff etc.

One day, guy comes into the shop, browsing. The shop was not huge and during the early 90s you used to have people lined up out the door waiting to get their new comics.

So this guy picks up a statue or model kit, probably £70 at the time. He then runs out of the shop and out into the main street.

My mate follows him and spots where he is heading, so he runs around the corner and back along the street this guy will come out to. My mate slows to a walk as he spots the guy coming toward him. The guy has slowed down figuring he's got away with it and starts to inspect the item he has stolen.

As my mate nears him, he picks up speed, snatches the item out of the guys hands saying "Thanks!" and runs back to his shop leaving the guy standing in the street going WTF! lol

lol

"I'd've got away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids"

lol

Surprised he didn't give him a swift knee in the balls as he went though.

:applause:

Ok UK buddies...

Who can get me a comic sized colour print out of Captain America #1 cover?

KevinJ's request to do this cover and after the catastrophe of Brian's request, where I was trying to do it from a B&W printout :(

If anyone can help would be appreciated.

On a side note, I have low grade copies of Brian & Andrews requests inbound so I will get a start on those soon.

Ok UK buddies...

KevinJ's request to do this cover and after the catastrophe of Brian's request, where I was trying to do it from a B&W printout :(

On a side note, I have low grade copies of Brian & Andrews requests inbound so I will get a start on those soon.

I have printed off the cover on A4 paper - the image is not bad.

PM your address and I will post to you.

Ok UK buddies...

(worship)

Ok UK buddies...

(worship)

I would request an Action # 1 cover but not sure if you can afford it. :baiting:

Ok UK buddies...

(worship)

I would request an Action # 1 cover but not sure if you can afford it. :baiting:

lol anyone got a reprint? (shrug)

Ok UK buddies...

(worship)

Only joking, you know I'd ask for a Marvel don't you? :kidaround::makepoint:

Ok UK buddies...

(worship)

Only joking, you know I'd ask for a Marvel don't you? :kidaround::makepoint:

I forgot you were one of "them". :baiting:

What crap, I mean Marvel cover do you want then? :foryou:

And they will now be "IN COLOUR" if requested. I've found some artist pens which are the dogs bollocks. :insane: