• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Got a text from my brother this morning, he's working in Australia, just saw Dark Knight Rises....

"Greatest trilogy in film ever ! I give it a 10. Lots of surprises. Nolan delivers."

:cloud9:

He also said that the audience applauded afterwards.

Audiences applauding - you know that's a lot of nerds and fanboys.

Or people SO confused with the movie they were just being polite... :insane:

(tsk)

Watch it Marvel boy :baiting:

(thumbs u

I'll be posting a new cover recreation this evening, in honour of the DKR....

Its Batman related ----- 1st person to guess what cover it is can have 10 random Marvel comics! :o

1 guess per person.

Batman #497 ?

(thumbs u

I'll be posting a new cover recreation this evening, in honour of the DKR....

Its Batman related ----- 1st person to guess what cover it is can have 10 random Marvel comics! :o

1 guess per person.

Since the likely ones are taken i'll go for Batman 227

Your all wrong :)

The cover I picked is actually the 1st issue of the main Batman title that I ever bought, Batman #501. Up to this point I was reading trades and collected tales.

No many people like Jean-Paul Valley, later to be known as Az-Bats but after seeing Batman #500 and wearing all that armour, as a kid I was like "WOW".

So in honour of the Dark Knight Rises, I present the man who took down Bane, Batman (Jean-Paul Valley) aka Az-Bats.

Batman501Cover.jpg

Gumtree lol:

(this is reproduced verbatim)

this comic is placed inside a acrylic crystal clear 3mm. thick display as shown in the picture. this is a chance to get your comics graded for free. for the next 6 months. then i will be charging a very meer amount to grade the comics . by me i have over 50 years in the trade i think this qaileyfies me to grading comics . there is no tricks involved. all i ask you. is to buy the display cgs slabb. what you will get from me.is a c.o.a. the slabbed comic will carry a security sticker. and all information will be placed on the certificate which is a5 size. and will be be also bagged and sealed by me. all you have to do is print of your order and send your comic. i am doing this on comics. from 1950 upwards. to me and it will have a turn around of 3 working days. grading is free. the only comics at the moment i cannot grade is the extra thick comics like silver surfer 1. as it is a thicker book. but am working on this for the near future. no debt there is some things you would like to ask me .so fire away. there is really no grading service in the uk but there is now.add £4.00 postage within the uk. or you can pay me via pay pal