• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Yeah New castle has pretty much died a death. Hasn't ran for a while and I don't know if it will again.

Still being on Teesside its the only chance I get to see the comics before i buy.

Yeah New castle has pretty much died a death. Hasn't ran for a while and I don't know if it will again.

Still being on Teesside its the only chance I get to see the comics before i buy.

I suppose we should be thankful there are an comic shows left a all. Like you I like to get the full shopping experience once in a while.

I'd like to ask the UK guys a question here:

Why is The Dark Knight Rises being nitpicked so much when The Avengers was given a freepass?

As much as I liked The Avengers it was far from perfect, only saw it once. Usually a films issues only come to light upon a 2nd viewing and subsequent ones.

Just wondering (shrug)

Personally, I think it has a lot to do with people following the pack. On the boards, you can influence the course of a whole thread by being in there early enough with either a positive or negative comment and others will often follow.

Personally, I think it has a lot to do with people following the pack. On the boards, you can influence the course of a whole thread by being in there early enough with either a positive or negative comment and others will often follow.

I know who they are as well, but I'm not going to "rise" to it cause I know it would turn into a full blown argument :facepalm:

I know who they are as well, but I'm not going to "rise" to it cause I know it would turn into a full blown argument :facepalm:

I haven't read the thread or seen the film but I can imagine the scenario, it's played out here many times before with different variations. :preach:

can you win money weekly aswell from the official one, thats why i do the sun one as i won 2 lots of £100 last year

No, but obviously there's nothing to stop participants setting up their own unofficial prize pool. I just find it more user-friendly than the Sun one personally.

Adam

I suppose we should be thankful there are an comic shows left a all. Like you I like to get the full shopping experience once in a while.

Of course it's good to be able to look at old and scarce comic books in person, but  I found I was leaving with just one or two cheap box Moderns at the end of the show, while Gez was charging more and more for entrance.  Eventually it simply wasn't worth the effort for me to continue. That was 2006, even before I started buying comics online or had joined the boards.

Eventually I do feel the need to evolve my collecting in order to stay interested and connected - probably my ADD manifesting there.  From an empowerment perspective, I also feel it's a very good thing to be in a position where dealers like Silver Acre can be made to seem small and unimportant, and you can comfortably move well beyond and away from them, just as I did with Paramount Book Exchange years before.

I used to go to the Royal National shows, but eventually I found I wasn't picking up anywhere near enough material to justify the effort and expense.

While it's free to get into the event, from Manchester  it would now cost me nearly 50 quid for the train fare.

wound up with their own self importance.

Never understood this, considering how small a pond the UK market is.

Yes and some like to think they are the big fish

53T2p.jpg

lol

Which issue is that from?

Deadpool #36 apparently

I'd like to ask the UK guys a question here:

Why is The Dark Knight Rises being nitpicked so much when The Avengers was given a freepass?

As much as I liked The Avengers it was far from perfect, only saw it once. Usually a films issues only come to light upon a 2nd viewing and subsequent ones.

Just wondering (shrug)

a few people who seem to argue against it seem to be VERY pro Avengers, they probabily heard a few comparisons and decided to dislike it because of those, people like to point out how the comic version wouldn't do what the film version did

Avengers could have been cut down by 10 minutes without missing anything for me,

I really enjoyed both DKR and Avengers, including their contrasting styles - nothing wrong with that.

I haven't seen either, because weirdly, I generally don't like comic book movies. I know, :screwy:.

I'll probably watch 'em on Sky when they roll around. I don't get involved in the discussions about them on here as I'm ambivalent about the whole thing

I really enjoyed both DKR and Avengers, including their contrasting styles - nothing wrong with that.

+1 - just saw DKR today with my daughter and we both really enjoyed it. Best trilogy ever (thumbs u