• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

I've never really taken much interest in previous Olympics but I've loved every minute of what I've seen so far this year - I was even nervous watching the show jumping jump off for gold this afternoon. Classic interview by the four of them on the BBC tonight when the youngest was asked what his gold medal means to him and he answered " I hope it improves my pulling power with women". lol

nor does that stupid equestrian event were they walk around in a circle

and i dislike the bike sprint when they slowly follow each other for a lap, its ridiculous

This is one of the most exciting events to me, I love the cat and mouse tactics followed by the explosive power of the last lap.

Equestrian sucks.

Did anyone see Stephan s dive.

doh!lol

the video on BBC is awesome, the commentator is so happy until he realises that nobody else is laughing

"Oh the first calamity! oh it's silent in here sorry about that"

Golf sucks.

Its an elitist game.

As George Carlin said:

"Here's a game where you hit a tiny ball with a crooked stick and then you walk after it, then you hit it again! I say your lucky you found the ing thing! And what do they need with all that land.... the ball is this " " ing big! I say churn up that land for cheap housing."

Thanks for that Comrade Bane. :baiting:

If any sport is elitist it is football. Banking is the only other industry I can think of where a business can fail financially whilst it's employees (the players) reap huge financial rewards at the expense of it's customers (the fans).

In Scotland golf has always been a working class game for factory workers and those employed in heavy industry, while almost every major town in England has a municipal (council owned and run) golf course.

The greatest ever British golfer, Nick Faldo is an ex carpet fitter from a working class family from Welwyn Garden City.

Just sayin'

Maybe its because I work with a guy who is into Golf and he tries so desperately to "be" middleclass. He's also an Idiot.

What you say is right Whiz, but Golf can't help but smack of Corporate well to dos and back slappers, you find them in every big Corp, the ones I've worked for anyway.

I definitely go along with that. I'm sure we've all come across that type of boastful social climber at one time or another, and they are indeed incredibly irritating wankers in every case.

I definitely go along with that. I'm sure we've all come across that type of boastful social climber at one time or another, and they are indeed incredibly irritating wankers in every case.

(thumbs u

Even to the point of being in the office with a rolled up Golf umbrella and pretending to hit a ball in the office. :facepalm:

Golf sucks.

Its an elitist game.

As George Carlin said:

"Here's a game where you hit a tiny ball with a crooked stick and then you walk after it, then you hit it again! I say your lucky you found the ing thing! And what do they need with all that land.... the ball is this " " ing big! I say churn up that land for cheap housing."

The Ryder Cup is the best team sport in the world to watch.

Golf sucks.

Its an elitist game.

As George Carlin said:

The Ryder Cup is the best team sport in the world to watch.

+1

Golf sucks.

Its an elitist game.

As George Carlin said:

i used to play golf

:shy:

there are definately a large section of elitist golfers, some places i went had specific chairs in the restaurant with names on them for members, even if it's full you cant sit there.

the constant checking if you have your shirt tucked in and other pointless etiquette issues ruined it

not cheap either, decent course will set you back £25, though if you're crafty and work nights like me then sneaking on before the greenkeepers come to work in summer is a cash saver