• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

The sixties BatMan movie is on and I just watched the best part, when BatMan is running around with the bomb followed by the classic line....

Robin: "You risked your life to save that riffraff in the bar?"

Batman: "They may be drinkers, Robin, but they're also human beings, and may be salvaged."

Chris Hoy is amazing and Laura Trott is a superstar - first olympics, only 20 years old and she gets 2 gold medals.

Felt sorry for Victoria Pendelton as she was robbed in the first team sprint.

Chris Hoy is amazing and Laura Trott is a superstar - first olympics, only 20 years old and she gets 2 gold medals.

Felt sorry for Victoria Pendelton as she was robbed in the first team sprint.

She was, and Team GB should've appealed. She only strayed over the line due to being pushed in that direction. She fell for an old trick in the second sprint, though.

And huzzah for Hoy and Trott. Nice moment when Hoy was congratulated as the most successful British Olympian by Steven Redgrave.

I don't agree Hoy is our greatest ever Olympian that everyone seems to be saying. He's won the most golds but that's only because in his sport he's eligable to enter many different competitions meaning multiple medals in each games.

Ben Ainslie on the other hand, one medal in each of his games. Silver then 4 golds in a row. Only enters one competition per Olympics and sailing is hard work, it takes a week from start to finish. Plus i love how he just does his thing and gets on with it without the media spotlight.

Oh and Ainslie is English :baiting:

Golf sucks.

Its an elitist game.

As George Carlin said:

"Here's a game where you hit a tiny ball with a crooked stick and then you walk after it, then you hit it again! I say your lucky you found the ing thing! And what do they need with all that land.... the ball is this " " ing big! I say churn up that land for cheap housing."

The Ryder Cup is the best team sport in the world to watch.

zzz

I don't agree Hoy is our greatest ever Olympian that everyone seems to be saying. He's won the most golds but that's only because in his sport he's eligable to enter many different competitions meaning multiple medals in each games.

Ben Ainslie on the other hand, one medal in each of his games. Silver then 4 golds in a row. Only enters one competition per Olympics and sailing is hard work, it takes a week from start to finish. Plus i love how he just does his thing and gets on with it without the media spotlight.

Oh and Ainslie is English :baiting:

It's Team GB

Play fair :slapfight:

Maybe they should introduce 20/20 cricket into the Olympics

India, despite their population (1.2 billion) have only picked up three medals and no golds. They'd be very happy to see cricket at the Games. Not that anyone outside the Commonwealth would be interested....

India, despite their population (1.2 billion) have only picked up three medals and no golds. They'd be very happy to see cricket at the Games. Not that anyone outside the Commonwealth would be interested....

Probably because they don't snatch their kids at age 4, train them, have little contact with their parents etc like the other billion populated country we know of..... :whistle:

Probably because they don't snatch their kids at age 4, train them, have little contact with their parents etc like the other billion populated country we know of..... :whistle:

Such a difference in attitude between the two mega-populated nations.

I actually hate Cricket even more than golf, a more boring game has never been invented than Cricket.

The best thing about Cricket is that it is sometimes cancelled and they put a film on.

Cricket = Yawnsville zzz