• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Queens of British Pop - sparkling documentary on BBC4.

Yeah, it was pretty good.

Apart from Suzi Quatro. Friggin' bubblegum pop. Didn't think much of her even in ' 74....

Yes, I didn't understand why she was included - she's not even British.

And she only had four hits, that were all aimed at the pre-teen market. Not in the same league as Kate Bush, Siouxsie, etc, she nevertheless considers herself to be a true rock 'n' roller even though she had more in common with the Osmonds.

I've just seen adverts for Now thats what I call music 90s dance hits.... I'm hearing most of these and thinking.... christ thats the start of my era! :cry:

Good thing I was listening to Metallica at that point.

Along with Zep, Sabs and Purple, I hope. :preach:

No.

As my brother was 16 years older then me I grew up listening to Killing Joke, Dead Can Dance, Bauhaus, Prong, Pil, Sisters of Mercy and probably aload others I can't remember.

But I broke out into the metal scene, Metallica, Pantera, Guns etc... before also listening to Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden.

You started off so well...

Codger :baiting:

Of that there is no doubt but Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pantera, etc are just plain terrible.

Disagree. :popcorn:

Last few Pearl Jam albums... yes.

Apart from Suzi Quatro. Friggin' bubblegum pop. Didn't think much of her even in ' 74....

And she only had four hits, that were all aimed at the pre-teen market. Not in the same league as Kate Bush, Siouxsie, etc, she nevertheless considers herself to be a true rock 'n' roller even though she had more in common with the Osmonds.

I've just seen adverts for Now thats what I call music 90s dance hits.... I'm hearing most of these and thinking.... christ thats the start of my era! :cry:

No.

As my brother was 16 years older then me I grew up listening to Killing Joke, Dead Can Dance, Bauhaus, Prong, Pil, Sisters of Mercy and probably aload others I can't remember.

But I broke out into the metal scene, Metallica, Pantera, Guns etc... before also listening to Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden.

Your bro had taste.

No.

You started off so well...

Codger :baiting:

Of that there is no doubt but Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pantera, etc are just plain terrible.

What??? That's an outrage.

Also :makepoint: at including Pantera in with the rest as though they're the same genre.

My mistake - Nirvana were pretty good, maybe ground breaking at that point in time.

Soundgarden and Pearl Jam are just pale copies of Nirvana.

Pantera are just sweat metal - whatever floats your goat. lol

You'll be sleeping in the shed.

I thought everyone up North did anyway,.... :baiting:

Andrew's being diplomatic there. He means the communal outhouse.

Charlie Adlard was easy last year but he's been moved to the big hall with all the other Image peeps this year. Shouldn't be a problem if you don't mind waiting.

Jock should be fine not sure about the rest but if you're in Manchester on Wednesday........

Thought Bubble Signing Tour @ Travelling Man Manchester

Wednesday 14th November - 4:30pm-6:30pm

Thought Bubble and Travelling Man are very pleased to be able to bring Thought Bubble guest to a city near you! Appearing at Manchester Ian Boothby (Bongo's Simpsons and Futurama Comics), Pia Guerra (Y The Last Man), Fiona Staples (Saga),

Thanks! I have nothing to sign because I'm not a big fan of signatures on books so getting a sketch is the only option for me really.

Think I should take some sketch card to Manchester or you'll think they'll have some? I'd better take some just in case.

Edited by buddymagoo

Thanks! I have nothing to sign because I'm not a big fan of signatures on books so getting a sketch is the only option for me really.

Think I should take some sketch card to Manchester or you'll think they'll have some? I'd better take some just in case.

Take backing boards, the reverse side is perfect and it's how I got mine done by Adlard last year. £10 donation to charity

Take backing boards, the reverse side is perfect and it's how I got mine done by Adlard last year. £10 donation to charity

Will you be getting to see Adlard or Jock (if he's there)?

Jock's sketches are first rate - and they weren't expensive at all. I happened to be getting a sketch from John McCrea when Jock turned up at his table next door. He just asked John what he was charging (£20 head sketch, £40 full body) and went with that - at least initially.

Jock's sketches are first rate - and they weren't expensive at all. I happened to be getting a sketch from John McCrea when Jock turned up at his table next door. He just asked John what he was charging (£20 head sketch, £40 full body) and went with that - at least initially.

Jock's awesome, i wish i was going to Leeds :(