• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

I'd like to know where this drama supposedly happened.

Dunno. Back to the football and other parochial stuff.

Please... don't talk about football.

Buy some burly defenders in the transfer window.

I had to read that twice... I thought you had said "Burnley Defenders".

I had to read that twice... I thought you had said "Burnley Defenders".

lol

The only burly Defender was the Hulk, Namor and the Surfer were quite skinny.

The only burly Defender was the Hulk, Namor and the Surfer were quite skinny.

:golfclap:

Hi Gaz,

Was nice seeing you last month at the show, got my eyes on that FF 1 ;-).

Anyay I've been a bit scarce the past few months as I've had a lot of things on, and whenever I come on here I get tmpted to buy comics, lol.

Now I heard from a few fellow baordies that some people on here were slagging my ebay shop off, saying usual ebay grading!

Well I'm calling you guys out, I've looked through here, but can't seem to see the messages on here. My ebay shop is kungfugirl50 and if you bought something that was terribly usual ebay standards overgrading I'd like to know???????????

I know I'm a tight grader and so would challenge them people that said this too random comics, we'll get flamingtelpath and goldust40 and two other judges of your choice as they are the best UK graders I can think of who are quite well known on here.

I bet the people who said these things have never bought anything from me, most probably have their own ebay shop or website and are just trying put my shop down for their own gainful reasons.

I'm a fair grader, I'm good at spotting resto, I have 5* rating on ebay on my kungfugirl50 accou7nt and my herc which does not sell too much is within good standing also. If you have anything to say, say to me on here or via message, or if you like we can meet up and have chat ;-)

I'm not sure who said these things, but don't sing it, bring it.

CGC forum is great place with some great people, just because your on here don't mean to say you actually can grade even if your good at the guessing on the scans.

Out of all the purchases I've had on here (non slabbed) only some of the comics I bought from one dealer did I think some were undergraded (thanks nick).

everthing else I've ever purchased from here was on the mark, or overgraded,

thanks herc2000 aka kungfugirl50

Lance

You know I wasn't going to reply to this because I've nothing against you but the comments I've bolded above are out of order.

And no, I wasn't one of those asking about you.

Well I think whoever said "I was usual ebay standards" is an insult and out of order as I know it's not true, I buy on ebay constantly and know the standards and more often than not it's not good wouldn't you agree?? It's pretty poor.

The comment you highlighted is only mean't for the person that said this, so don't know why you think it's out of order as I can't see any reason for anyone to say that otherwise?

And yes, some things maybe expensive, I do a lot of things under guide, key issues will be more as I know it would all ways be the DD 131, or TOD 10 or the New Mutants 98, the Spidey 129's that will sell straight away as there's bigger demand for those type of issues.

herc

Suggestion: you'd probably get a better reaction if you just said that anyone who had bought from you that wasn't happy with grading should get in touch so that you can work something out.

It comes across as a bit defensive/paranoid to start accusing people of trying to deliberately undermine you if they talk about your grading. If you make the discussion adversarial, people will respond accordingly.

Incidentally, I have bought from you on eBay - just once as far as I can recall - and have no complaints whatsoever about your grading.

Back to (not) talking about football...

Adam

As I said earlier to boozad, I don't care about people asking, that's what we do.

All I say say is be honest and fair and only comment on what you know for fact.

And if someone was unhappy about a purchase, then please let me know as I would be more than happy to rectify it, as I am all about customer satisfaction, and if there's a problem I don't know about then I can't make things better can I.

herc

Well I think whoever said "I was usual ebay standards" is an insult and out of order as I know it's not true, I buy on ebay constantly and know the standards and more often than not it's not good wouldn't you agree?? It's pretty poor.

The comment you highlighted is only mean't for the person that said this, so don't know why you think it's out of order as I can't see any reason for anyone to say that otherwise?

And yes, some things maybe expensive, I do a lot of things under guide, key issues will be more as I know it would all ways be the DD 131, or TOD 10 or the New Mutants 98, the Spidey 129's that will sell straight away as there's bigger demand for those type of issues.

herc

It's out of order because you are accusing them off criticizing your grading just so they can sell their own books. You are accusing them of having an ulterior motive for their opinion of your grading - when in fact it was just their opinion.

And it's out of order because you are criticizing somebody based on second-hand knowledge. Somebody asked a genuine question regarding if anybody had dealt with you on Ebay - the same sort of question you see asked every week on these boards.

I can understand why you would be upset if you thought somebody was slagging you off for any reason but believe me that wasn't the case.

You may be right Adam, I was a bit annoyed and upset as I do pride myself on proving a fair good service, and just thought for someone to say that usual ebay grading does not know me or has not dealt with me ;-( so did get a bit defensive, sorry. ;-)

I'm not saying I'm 100% spot on all the time, we all might grade something VF or VF- the next day, but would never compare myself to usual ebay standards. If that was said about yourself, I think you would be a little bit defensive or maybe its me?

Thanks herc

Okay, you are really making something out of nothing here.

Gav asked the question and I (amongst others) said that I had bought from you several times and that I had been happy with your service.

Being that this is the CGC boards I was aware that there were likely to be a number of particularly fastidious members who are more than averagely concerned with grade, I qualified my otherwise positive comment by saying that it is possible that you may have been a grade or so out here and there.

I think that is a reasonable margin of error for most ebay sellers, especially on something as subjective as grading.

I also took a look at the scan of the item that Gav was interested in and commented that I thought it looked in line with the grade given.

My comments were reiterated by others who have bought from you and it is my opinion that the overall impression anyone reading the various posts would get is that they would be happy to buy from you.

No knock to you or your reputation was made or intended.

Well I think if you say someone on here is the usual ebay standards, that's the lowest of the low and a big insult.

And if the person who said this bought a comic that they thought was so bad I would like to know what the comic was, my grade, and their grade as I have a list and pretty much know everything I've sold with grades, so for them to say usual ebay standards they must have been very unhappy, give me the chance to fix it at least. I just don't believe it though, and if I did make a mistake I would like to be able to redeem myself as opposed to being put in the usual ebay category?

thanks herc

Well I think if you say someone on here is the usual ebay standards, that's the lowest of the low and a big insult.

And if the person who said this bought a comic that they thought was so bad I would like to know what the comic was, my grade, and their grade as I have a list and pretty much know everything I've sold with grades, so for them to say usual ebay standards they must have been very unhappy, give me the chance to fix it at least. I just don't believe it though, and if I did make a mistake I would like to be able to redeem myself as opposed to being put in the usual ebay category?

thanks herc

Which is fair enough. But still doesn't explain this comment that you posted in here:

"I bet the people who said these things have never bought anything from me, most probably have their own ebay shop or website and are just trying put my shop down for their own gainful reasons."

I personally think that that is worse than saying somebody's grading was 'usual Ebay standards."

Hi Whizz,

thanks, people are more than welcome to have their own opinion, we all do. If there is a comic someones not happy with, I'm allways happy to refund, make amends etc

I just think if someones considered usual ebay standards, they might as well give up trying to put grades on comics, lol.

thanks herc

Can we draw a line under this now?

It's not "the lowest of the low" to say that someone's grading is normal eBay standard - people get panned much worse than that.

Regardless, it's clear that you're upset by the comment, and it's equally clear that nobody meant any harm by it. You've offered to discuss with anyone who's not happy, and try to sort out any problems - which is great.

Suggest we all now move on?

I just think that while you may be aware of the comments made you are misunderstanding the context of them.

As I say, no one knocked you and the overall impression given was that you were a trustworthy seller.

If they did buy something, fair enough, tell me about it, if they didn't then why else are they saying usual ebay standards?

Anyway have you got a problem with me comicopolis? As I remember the last time I mentioned kungfugirl50 on a thread, someone said about a nice batman 232 at a fair price, and you said something about ridiculous prices on the Spawn 1's if I remember correctly? I think I had them up for 10.99 or 12.99, which I've sold about half of them.

With free postage included, ebay, paypal fees, shipping over from a forum member on here.

If you have, I don't mind meeting up with you for a chat or something?

thanks

herc