• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

• Administrator

It is a mince pie, my mom makes them every Christmas! Not sure about cornish pastry, what is in it? We used to get these meat pies that were good, but I don't remember what they were called....

The Cornish pasty has meat, potatoes and vegetables (peas, carrots, onions etc) in it. It was made for miners years and years ago in Cornwall so they could hold the knerled pastry crust with their dirty hands and eat their 'dinner' inside. Then it just stuck around and now we get pasties with all kinds of stuff in.

• Administrator

Nope, but it sounds good....I'll have to find some eventually.

My mom used to make a beef stew with "doughboys" (flour dumplings) and other times ground beef croquettes. Plus, there is always Shepherd's Pie!

The Cornish pasty has meat, potatoes and vegetables (peas, carrots, onions etc) in it. It was made for miners years and years ago in Cornwall so they could hold the knerled pastry crust with their dirty hands and eat their 'dinner' inside. Then it just stuck around and now we get pasties with all kinds of stuff in.

Yes, and they are all horrible :whistle:

Plus, there is always Shepherd's Pie!

:banana: My mom's is awesome :grin:

Yes, and they are all horrible :whistle:

Whack some of this on (thumbs u

41HSZAEFYJL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• Administrator

Nah. my mom makes the best! :baiting:

Since finding HP at my local grocery store last year I have completely stopped using A-1 at home (and so has my family...) (thumbs u

Nah, my mom's is the best :sumo::grin:

Since finding HP at my local grocery store last year I have completely stopped using A-1 at home (and so has my family...) (thumbs u

You can't beat HP, especially on a bacon sandwich :cloud9:

Nah, my mom's is the best :sumo::grin:

You can't beat HP, especially on a bacon sandwich :cloud9:

That is very true!

That his mom makes better Shepherd's pie or the HP on bacon sandwiches (which sounds very good...)? (shrug)

HP on bacon sandwiches (thumbs u

Gav likes to worry sheep, not eat them lol

Bah! That's nothing... only an American could come up with this - the turbaconducken:

Raw: all-raw-wrapped-assembled-front.jpg

Cooked: cooked-side-2-300x200.jpg

Now, this isn't just the turducken wrapped in bacon - EACH LAYER is wrapped in bacon before being stuffed into the next...

:insane:

-slym

Can't beat a good old fry-up on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednsday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday morning, afternoon or evening.

Fixed that for you. (thumbs u

Can't beat a good old fry-up on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednsday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday morning, afternoon or evening.

Fixed that for you. (thumbs u

(worship) (worship)

Hey heart, have a nice day...

One does not eat the whole thing by themselves - I imagine a slice or two is no worse than a hot-dog or breakfast sausage.

-slym

Once you've started you have to eat the whole thing!

I think wrapping each layer in bacon is kinda nasty, actually. I don't like 'raw' fat like that, all rubbery and floppy.

:sick:

BUT - if you maybe prepped the turducken normally, then wrap the outside of the thing with bacon and then deep-fried that sucker???

:cloud9:

-slym