• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

By the obviously unbiased Birmingham Mail. Tourism?? Digbeth?? I went to Digbeth only a couple of years ago. It's a benighted hellhole. A concrete khazi. The Custard Factory was practically derelict. Even the nicest bit of Brum (Harborne) isn't all that. Brum is a town planner's nightmare. If there's a nice building in the city centre, then put an underpass under it, dammit. Anything to make the rush hour traffic even more horrendous than it already is.

My dad's family are from there, and I've visited that city many times. I do have some affection for the old place, but i wouldn't even put it in the top ten cities in the West Midlands. lol

By the obviously unbiased Birmingham Mail. Tourism?? Digbeth?? I went to Digbeth only a couple of years ago. It's a benighted hellhole. A concrete khazi. The Custard Factory was practically derelict. Even the nicest bit of Brum (Harborne) isn't all that. Brum is a town planner's nightmare. If there's a nice building in the city centre, then put an underpass under it, dammit. Anything to make the rush hour traffic even more horrendous than it already is.

My dad's family are from there, and I've visited that city many times. I do have some affection for the old place, but i wouldn't even put it in the top ten cities in the West Midlands. lol

"Travel information publisher Rough Guides has put Birmingham in its list" lol