• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phoenix Con review 1st one.

151 posts in this topic

Looks like Harley was travelling light,

Harley doesn't look as if he travels light at all.

It must be very difficult to travel to conventions and stay on any kind of a fitness program or diet.

He needs to get onto nerf's weight reduction program if he wants to stay alive.

pretty poor con, to be 100% honest..

there was this line nazi of a broad for the mcfarlane signing, who wouldn't let me get more than my two books signed..she was horrible, and kept touching my comics, which was very uncool....

Chandler from Desertwind comics had to ask me to 'move along' bc i was holding up the line lol At least he stopped me from making a scene (chandler rules, btw).

namesjay comics was the only booth with anything even CLOSE to a decent modern selection..picked up a few variants from them..

Highlight of the show for me was dropping off my largest CGC submission ever, and meeting Joel Elad...cool cat to chat with and a solid witness :)

oh, and that dude that gets choked by Darth Vader in episode IV was there...that was pretty cool :)

I know the girl you were talking about I was standing waiting for Todd and asked if Whilce could do a quickie sig sketch since he wasn't doing anything, on a backing board while a waiting and she was pretty peeved about it.

The con did suck overall and was a big disappointment for me , but the forum members made it worth while.

I have to agree with the con sucking. I posted my thoughts in the dinner thread. Our highlight was my wife getting to meet Wil Wheaton, getting a signed book and a picture with him, and playing Rock Band at his Rock Band party. In fact, Wil borrowed my video I posted on YouTube for his blog, and it has over 5000 hits already.

(Click the "watch in high quality" text below the video)

Wil's Blog: http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/

Things I bought: 3 Batman Archives at 50% off.

Yea the con was a disappointment somewhat, that lady was a witch, if you know what i mean. I got to tell ya though, the secret is to bring the wife or girlfriend with you. When i was in line for Mcfarlane, they didnt even ask her if she had a ticket, so i gave her two books to plop down on the table. Ended up with five sigs from Todd, i asked if he would sign one for my girl, even though he already did two :D.

Other than that, got two sketches. My main goal for the show was to get a Terry Moore sketch, which i did

terrymoore.jpg

On top of that, i got a Rob Liefield sketch, and it was to perfect. He has always been made fun of since he always draws so many utility belt sack thingys, huge guns and NO feet, unless he just can get away from it. So i asked him for a Deadpool sketch and he delievered, with NO feet HAHAHA! Ill post that scan a little later.