• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unrestored Action 1 to be in next comicconnect auction

878 posts in this topic

I think it may be easier if we can only have just 1 thread talking about the Action 1 in CC? Just my opinion..

What a novel idea...but then there would be so many transistors out of work...

:(

I think it may be easier if we can only have just 1 thread talking about the Action 1 in CC? Just my opinion..

Certainly worth a try :devil: Its just that similar posts have been made with each other and yeah

Certainly worth a try :devil: Its just that similar posts have been made with each other and yeah

I agree...too many threads. I'm going to stop bumping the others. It's much nicer when all the info is in one spot.

I agree...too many threads. I'm going to stop bumping the others. It's much nicer when all the info is in one spot.

Oh, so you're to blame...! The other threads woulda died on the vine long ago if not for you meddling teenagers! :kidaround:

Back to the subject at hand...

$275k w/11 days to go... and the number of bids is impressive, even taking into consideration a sizable number of thrill bidders.

It really drives home the fact that Action 1 is very much at the top of that small list of books for which the guide really doesn't apply. On any given day a FR, GD, or FN copy can sell for 2-5x guide, they just don't show up on the market with any regularity so there's always a line of people who have it on their want list (trophy case checklist?).

It's stunning to think that copies in this sort of grade could be had for $300 or so at the first conventions I attended (BayCons 1 and 2, 1975 and '76)... of course, for a kid of 11 I was happy to have $15 in my pocket - that would buy ~100 silver age books in those days...

The bidding increments on the Action 1 are funny. The current bid is $275,400 but next minimum bid is only $200 more. I wonder how or if that will affect the final bidding strategies. What would the equivalent increment be at Comiclink or Heritage for something over $250K, anybody know?

unlike CL or Heritage - CC uses a bidders extenison method which means that there will be continuous bidding as long as at least two bidders are prepared to fight over the Action #1.

This will ensure that bidders increments are not detrimental to the seller..

"I'll see your $275,000 bid and raise it $200" It could take someone a long time to find another bidder's ceiling $200 at a time, of course that won't happen. I hope they bought a really big server to handle this one. The watcher to bidder ratio will be ginormous.

The bidding increments on the Action 1 are funny. The current bid is $275,400 but next minimum bid is only $200 more. I wonder how or if that will affect the final bidding strategies. What would the equivalent increment be at Comiclink or Heritage for something over $250K, anybody know?

Heritage would be $20,000.

does the 275k include metro commission or do you ad 27.5k additional for comission making it over 300k??

I don't think CC has a buyer's commision.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

does the 275k include metro commission or do you ad 27.5k additional for comission making it over 300k??

I don't think CC has a buyer's commision.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

No one in his right mind would allow CC to take a seller's commision for a book like that, so there has to be a buyers commision, doesn't there? Just think about all the free publicity, let alone credibility a book like that gives CC.

CC has no buyer's commission. Only the 10% sellers commission.

Do you think a savvy owner, with a nice Action 1, could negotiate that down a bit? I think so...every pop culture collectible auction house in the country wants a shot at that book.

CC has no buyer's commission. Only the 10% sellers commission.

Do you think a savvy owner, with a nice Action 1, could negotiate that down a bit? I think so...every pop culture collectible auction house in the country wants a shot at that book.

Yep, I think it's likely.